Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Syncing in Process question

I have never seen this message before when I used MY DVR MANAGER on my computer

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR.
Please allow up to 24 hours to complete

Early yesterday I got a message to check back later as a system error had occurred and it wanted to verify my channel lineup, even though I was logged in correctly and could see my username and location.  The message also said a "system error had occurred". 

Now I log in, get the little "loading" circle icon, and then the above message about syncing. Is this normal? Has anyone else seen it?

Thanks for any insight.  I use the MY DVR MANAGER web page often.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Syncing in Process question MORE DETAILS

MORE DETAILS - using separate post to clarify:

I have inserted 2 screenshots files. The second is the DVR scheduled recordings on July 20, which showed up after the "system error" message earlier that day.  You can see that although there are scheduled items, none of them is identified by name and only by channel and date/time.  This is NOT normal.

The first file is this morning's (July 21st) message about the syncing. I have erased my username for privacy. The ZIP CODE/location is "auto" - whatever that means. I cannot get it to do anything to change it to my own zip code, and seem to be in a loop where I have to keep verifying the channel lineup (recommended).  I followed all the steps, even trying to finalize my "profile" but even that does not seem to complete itself. I don't care about that anyway.

This all worked fine a few days ago I have not changed anything. I checked the DVR setup in the menu on the DCX3400 and everything seems in order including remote scheduling.  I read through a lot of posts here and others have had this issue, had it solved or not. I do not want to watch TV on the computer and this new set of "set up" instructions seems to point to doing that.  I do not know what could have changed to make this not work anymore.

Hope the details help the techs here to understand my issue. Thanks.

DVRsyncmessage.JPGDVRscheduleJul20.JPG

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Syncing in Process question MORE DETAILS

Just wondering how from which page you are trying to change the location.

I had the same thing with my location being set to  AUTO and had a different issue. I changed my location under the MyTV section under SETTINGS and it took the change.

Just for the record I could not see any TV Grid on the Xfinity online guide when I was logged in with the location at Auto. When I changed it to my zip code the tv grid would show up while logged in.

Logged off I could get the tv grid.

Different from your problem but that was a recent issue that had shown up a few days ago.

Hope the setting under MyTV allows you to save your changes.

Contributor
JAMIEESPOCHAV

Just FYI...I had this same problem for the past two days and I finally used the tech support chat and they informed me that they are having outages in my area.  I asked when they thought it would be back up and they said the issue would be resolved between 2 hours and 24 hours.  Which I find hard to believe because I have had this issue going now for two days.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Thanks to both of the responders.

I followed the suggestion about fixing the "auto" which took a few attempts but seems to have finally accepted my zip code and the proper lineup. Now to see if it stays!  However, the DVR page still shows SYNCING IN PROCESS :smileysad:

As for the outages - I am in SE Massachusetts.  I did not see a location from Jamie......

I will keep checking here and also the DVR page at Xfinity.com and if nothing resolves by tomorrow afternoon I will try to contact tech support too.  I just cannot imagine they cannot figure out how to fix this if is it just a software issue.

It is obvious that the site is recognizing me, the cable box is showing up with the name I gave it in the Settings area, and so it knows it should be going to the DVR (which is ALWAYS ON). 

Will let you know if it fixes itself so others will know if they read the thread.

Contributor
JAMIEESPOCHAV

Yeah I am still getting the same too.  I am from northern california so that doesn't make sense.  I have the Iphone app and that is letting me record my shows okay so not sure what the deal is.  If it doesn't come back up by tomorrow I am going to call the 800 customer support.

Contributor
JAMIEESPOCHAV

Just spoke with technical support.  There was a nationwide outage and I was told our DVRs were going to have to be switched out.  Luckily they scheduled someone for tomorrow morning or they said if I could not wait I could bring them in.  Only problem I am pretty upset about is that all our current DVR recordings are going to have to be erased.  I hope your situation gets fixed also, good luck.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

That sounds ridiculous!  My Motorola DVR is being recognized at the MY DVR web site at Comcast. If there is a lack of communication, that is something in programming and software, not a physical issue with the DVR. I would not allow a switch (losing all my recordings too) but would escalate this.  Also, who says you will get the same model DVR (if you like it); if they are going to give you a new model that might be worth the switch to you, but I am happy with what I have.  Tomorrow I will have some time to deal with tech support here, and if not fixed by then, I will call them.  You might want to reconsider the switch and losing your recordings if you think about what they are telling you.  If the DVR is recognized by the web site on the computer, then syncing is the issue, not the DVR itself.  Keep me updated, ok?   THANKS!:smileyshocked:

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

I remember reading in one of the other threads that the syncing issue may be an issue with the accounts, especially if a DVR has been swapped out and the replacement model may not be entered into the account yet.

Something to check on via a phone call.

Contributor
JAMIEESPOCHAV

So I took your advice and stood my ground.  They sent a few messages to my dvr and everything came back fine so they think that is not the issue.  So they gave me a phone number to the applications tech support and spoke with someone there.  He basically sent some kind of recycling to my dvr to see if that worked.  He said it might take about 6 hours to see results from the test.  He also sent a ticket out to tech support and said if nothing works after 72 hours I should call them back.  I can't believe I am having to spend so much time on such a stupid issue.  I don't believe it has anything to do with my dvrs I think it is some kind of network issue.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Appreciate the input - but nothing has been swapped out here and on July 20 I had a listing of scheduled recordings (with no title info, but date and channel) as you can see in my image above.  Then July 21, the syncing message. I think I may unplug the box when I have nothing scheduled to record, but it takes so darned long to repopulate I may have to wait a bit on that. Will pass on anything I find which worked or not.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Jamie - good for you!  Let us know what happens.  I expect they did the equivalent of unplugging the box which is what my next step will be - I will watch to see if it helped your problem.  Keep us in the loop:smileycool:

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Some information I found on this:

There is a site called:

Community-powered support for Comcast Interactive Media

There are lots of people reporting this same syncing issue there for the past week.

Someone in CC Customer service responded 2 days ago to the issue:

"We are currently having some issues with our myDVR feature. Our team is working on it right now. I will let you know when it is fixed.
Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience, "

Obviously a swap of the DVR is not the answer!

New Visitor
davekaye

Problem here too, Northern CA.  Live Chatted with Comcast technical support and he said to leave my DVR on for 24 which sounded like he was writing the Chat from a script.  I told him I doubt that was the problem since it has always worked before and of course after 24 hours, nothing synced.  It's clear that this is a major problem and for some reason Comcast hasn't told the support staff so they just keep giving the same pat answers.  I'll call tomorrow and tell them to put me on the list to get it fixed. 

Contributor
Steve777

Having the same problem here in mid-Michigan.  It always says:

"Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR.
Please allow up to 24 hours to complete"

That was 38 hours ago.  This has worked fine for months but suddenly stopped working in the last few days.  My zipcode also was switched to "AUTO".  When I choose "Update Location" under settings, it's greyed out with some code that says DAC: 159_

I tried to call customer support but "due to high call volume, my wait will exceed 10 minutes" and that was 20 minutes ago.

This is just frustrating that Comcast/Xfinity cannot communicate their outages more effectively.

Terrific, the answer was, "Your box is broken, you need it replaced" followed by, "We're having problems, it will be fixed soon" followed by, "Someone needs to reset your DVR" and finally, "We'll call you when this is fixed." 

I give up...

Contributor
tattoo_Dan

Re: Syncing in Process question

I live in the Sacramento,ca area and I am having the same problem,I called tech support today and the rep escalated it to a "national" website support dept and they had not even heard of the problem !    ?!?!?

Contributor
Carbubble

I've been having the same exact problem for 3 days now.  Last week it was all my programs were unknown.  then that cleared up for a few days and now it's supposedly stuck syncing for 72 hours.  it shouldn't take this long to clear up these problems!!!!  :smileysad:

Contributor
BC8320

I have been having the same issue in Colorado Springs since 21 July 2011.  I would bet that the one COMCAST software guy went on vacation and no one else knows how to fix the problem.

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

It is interesting to see now how many people across the country have the exact issue, same timing, etc. -

and others on another Comcast Interactive Media website forum also keep coming there with the same report.  Comcast has this guarantee - it's time for them to honor it.

Let's all keep this alive since if we don't, it will be a back burner issue.  The more calls to TECH SUPPORT the more they have to listen.

Contributor
Kiester3003

It's actually good it's a wide spread problem, it means they'll have to fix it.

Contributor
Carbubble

I called Comcast today and all they gave me was the bogus fix of doing a power off/on of my DVR.  I told them No Way!  it's a nationwide problem and it's their problem, so they better fix it.  I liked the comment that the one software guy that knows everything went on vacation.  Could be true!  

Contributor
Carbubble

I just checked and My DVR is working again.  No more permanent syncing.  Maybe you have to call them.

Regular Contributor

Having the same problem with syncing in progress and not able to schedule programs online to DVR. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Contributor
Giants_Fan

I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area - Tri Valley Region and I've got the same issue.  I noticed it earlier this week.  I powered down my DVR a couple of times in the interim to reset it and I still have the same syncing problem as described in the original post.

It looks like I can still set a recording on the DVR using my Android mobile phone.  I just can't set it using my computer like I used to.

Regular Contributor

Contacted customer service via live chat.  They claim they can fix the problem with DVR sycning by sending a signal to my DVR.  They told me it would take approximatley 30 minutes and it should resolve the problem.  Well, that solution did not resolve the problem.  I'm still seeing on the dvr manager page that it is still syncing and will take approximately 24 hours. :smileyangry:  It's apparent they don't have clue as to what the problem is.

Regular Contributor

The syncing problem resolved. The live chat rep determined that the UDB data needed to be refreshed.  Once this was done, in approximately 45-60 minutes I was able to use the dvr manager to schedule programs. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Giants_Fan

DVR Manager Syncing issue seems to be fixed on my end.  Just checked the DVR Manager on my computer and the scheduled recordings are now showing up.  Can also set recordings from the TV Listings page.

Contributor
BC8320

Mine is also working here in Colorado Springs.  I guess that Comcast software engineer finally made it back to work after his long weekend

Contributor
tattoo_Dan

LOL  well ! can you imagine that !?!?  Comcast actually did something besides raise our rates !

it's working here in Sacramento,ca

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Working here in Massachusetts and others on the other Comcast forum reporting it is working for them too - someone named Joe from XfinityTV told us to e-mail our info to him privately and he seems to have figured it out - hooray!:smileycool:

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

So here we go again!

this morning this message at MyDvr which was fine yesterday:

Sorry, a system error has occurred and your list could not be loaded at this time. Please try again later.

code: RemoteScheduling:008

Contributor
Carbubble

I didn't sign out last night and left my computer running and mine is still OK today.

Contributor
Giants_Fan

It is still up in my area.  I did shut down my computer last night.  I just checked the DVR Manager and the scheduled recordings are displayed.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Contributor
Steve777

Mine cleared up as well and started working briefly but then I also got:

Sorry, a system error has occurred and your list could not be loaded at this time. Please try again later.

code: RemoteScheduling:008

followed by the, "Wait for 24 hours to sync" message. 

My zip code still shows as "AUTO".  When I try and change it under the "MY TV - Settings" tab, it shows "DAC: 159_xx".  I guess we're getting new zip codes here in Michigan!

Regular Contributor
ashbroke

Mine has been intermittent. I cleared my history and internet cache and once it came back up, another time it didn't, which tells me it is not my system.  It works fine when it is there. I only got the system error message, not the syncing in progress. And my location zip code has stayed as I set it days ago.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

have you gone into the set up of the guide and to remote access set up and enabled it there. Or if its not working tried deleting it there and then setting it up again?  This has worked for some other folks.

New Visitor
ATL22

As soon as Uverse hits my neighborhood...good riddance Comcast.  Below is my latest correspondence about the DVR Manager "outage".

Comcast: Hello Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is ______. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Me: My Issue: "Syncing in Process DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR. Please allow up to 24 hours to complete" That was 38 hours ago. This has worked fine for months but suddenly stopped working in the last few days.

Comcast: Our technicians are already working on this from our end and this will be resolved within 24 to 48 hours.

Comcast: we really appreciate your patience and your understanding with this. We will have your online My DVR manager working within 24 to 48 hours.

Comcast: You will only need to check back with your online MyDVR manager after 24 to 48 hours,

Me: YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT?????? I've been told the same thing for 2 weeks. That is totally worthless information and I don't even know why I went through this with you. It took me longer to find my account number than it did for you to dish out that answer. You could have waited 5 minutes...THAT WAS WORTHLESS.

Me: I've been told that EVERYDAY. Can you please get someone to give me a better answer

Comcast: I have updated the ticket for the follow up on the issue.

Comcast: This issue is being fixed from our end. I assure you that this will be resolved within 24 to 48 hours.

Me: Everyone is updating my ticket, WHO is going to fix it?

Comcast: Our technicians are working on this from our end.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

first of all never do anything with chat.  Did you see my post above, did you try that?

Also see this thread and the solution I posted.  Also make sure your zip code is correct in the set up as noted in the thread also.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/DVR-Manager/DVR-Manager-doesn-t-work-since-recent-move/td-p/990689

New Visitor
ATL22

Yes, my zip is correct and nothing else has changed (no recent moves, changes in equipment, etc).  It just stop working.  

I just changed my DVR name, so I'll see if that does anything.

New Visitor
ATL22

Re: Syncing in Process question - UPDATE

WORTHLESS!  That is the only way to describe Comcast.  To fulfill the stated 24 hour response to my issue, I received a call today and the lady asked me to explain the problem, AGAIN.  She said, okay, someone will call you in 24 hours.  WASTE OF TIME!  I give Comcast one more week and they are OUT.

Contributor
Steve777

Worthless is about right as it doesn't work yet.  I've tried setting it up from square one by removing remote access from the DVR itself, starting over by using the code from the DVR menu and waiting 2 days.   While it then works for a few hours, the next day, boom-zing, it's back to the 24 hour sync. message or another remote error.  That remote programming option worked for many months so it's amazing that they can't get their act together and just fix this.  I tried to get a friend's brand new Motorola DVR to work with the remote programming option through "MyDVR" but his too stopped working a couple of weeks ago and we can't get it to come back from the 24-hour sync message and he's 90 miles away so it's not my local network as I keep being told.  I hope someone is still working on this.  Does anyone know if there is an "outage" page where you can find the status to problems like this?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

i have no problems with it in NJ.  Its got to be something local to your area.  Are you sure its available in your area?  I initially received an email that it was available but it actually wasn't.

Contributor
Steve777

Glad to hear that it's working in NJ.  It has worked here in Michigan for at least 8 months without any problems at all.  When this thread started in mid-July, the problems began for a lot of us.  Customers in Mid-Michigan and West-Michigan that had been using the feature for months suddenly received the 24-sync message followed by "remote" errors.  Now it comes and goes and we're told our DVR's are broken, it's only local to us, it's a wiring problem and then finally, "Yes, we're aware of it and will call you when it's fixed."  That was weeks ago and unfortunately, it isn't resolved.  If Comcast is working on this, that's great but it seems like each time you talk to someone, they either blow you off and want you to bring your DVR in for replacement or they say that they know about it and it's being addressed.  A status page on the issue or some sort of followup would be great.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

broken dvr's????  what dvr box do you have out there in michigan

Contributor
Steve777

The DVR models that I have are both Motorola DCH3416's.  I almost returned them as defective after being told that they both had to be replaced but after seeing two Motorola DCX3400's about 90 miles away with the exact same issue that developed within a day, I decided to save an afternoon worth of my time driving to Comcast to return the DVR's as I don't believe they are really defective.  If the models were really defective, why would they have worked fine for almost a year, all stopped working at the exact same time and now function intermittently??  One unit, maybe but four??  It seems hard to believe that different models in different cities would all stop functioning at once and it's the fault of the DVR but I guess anything is possible.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Two weeks ago there was an outage of MyDVR, there still seems to be some markets with issues.

Give yours a day or so and see if it comes back, if it doesn't then it can be escalated.  There is nothing wrong with your equipment, as long as the guide and On Demand are still working.

Contributor
Steve777

Thanks for the reply.  It's great to hear that the issue is still being worked on.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Hi all,

If you are having any issues with myDVR syncing, please private message me or e-mail me at info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com with the following information:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

I will be able to further assist you from there.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Visitor
tommeeprofitt

Having the issue of a PERMANENT "Syncing in Process" screen....

When I go to "Remote Access Setup" on my DVR it says "This service is currently unavailable" so I can't add/remove any box there.

This service worked great for me before, and one day decided to stop. Have any suggestions for me?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

tommeeprofitt wrote:

Having the issue of a PERMANENT "Syncing in Process" screen....

When I go to "Remote Access Setup" on my DVR it says "This service is currently unavailable" so I can't add/remove any box there.

This service worked great for me before, and one day decided to stop. Have any suggestions for me?

There was a ticket open for you yesterday that our team is working on.

If I find out anymore, I will provide you an update.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe