Visitor

Too many ads during online movies!

Comcast, please get rid of the ads during the online movies. There are WAY too many and no way to skip them.:smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Too many ads during online movies!

ads are placed there by the network who also disables the FF feature.  its either that or they say you cant broadcast our show.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

While that is great...we, at least me...pay almost $300 a month for services.  So, if I watch something on demand OR now on XFINITY ONLINE, I am still forced to pay for commercials.  I am honestly hoping that AT&T comes to my area soon.  It is really sad that I cannot skip commercials when I have worked 10 so hours and just want to enjoy a little ondemand.  Just another display of how money hungry some companies are...

New Visitor

Plus...I am sorry but your company also has some say on what is done on your network or companies would not feel they could just do whatever.  So to just say it is the network's fault is an excuse. 

New Visitor
Drencarnate

This isn't a decision held hostage by the networks.  If it was, then when I have to "find other means" to watch my shows, there would be too many commercials there too.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

Drencarnate wrote:

This isn't a decision held hostage by the networks.  If it was, then when I have to "find other means" to watch my shows, there would be too many commercials there too.

What other means result in less commercials?

New Visitor
monnkey

Way too many commercials on xfinity. For the amount of money we pay for cable/internet commercials are disgusting. Why not have one commercial every so often and charge more for that one commercial. Rather then having a thousand. I would rather not watch tv at all then to have a horrible experience watching with too many commercials. It's tedious. Especially online.

New Visitor
rick5979

I'd have to agree, there's A LOT. Don't get me wrong, I support ad's because they pay for things, however, something seems very wrong here. Most often or not it seems the site is being buggy, because they'll cycle the same commercials and repeat it THREE to FOUR times in one commercial session. The worst part is sometimes after sitting through the ordeal the site would either crash or show less than 30 seconds of the movie and then go back into MORE COMMERCIALS. 

This is terrible, I'd rather pay  Hulu PLUS or netflix... 

New Visitor
oldmandave

I have to agree about the ads...I could usually skip a program and watch it on Demand the next week and it would have a couple 15 second quickies but recently I have noticed that most on Demand programs ar a  full 60 minutes jammed with commercials...please don't blame it on the networks ! We all pay dearly for cable TV which when first came to being was supposed to be paid TV WITHOUT commericals... I do have netflix and roku which I have been watching more & more lately and pray for the day that I only stream content that I want...now that I would gladly pay for.  I may also go the newer smaller rooftop antennae  to bring in local stuff but at least that would be free...It  may not be as bad if the commercial content was at least interesting or thought provoking but they are just amazingly and mindlessly stupid...

Visitor

I can understand, and to some degree tolerate the commercials during shows, and that this is somewhat out of Comcasts control. What is fully under Comcasts control is the way programs and ads are streamed and the functionality of the Flash player. Many of the ads are so bugged and dysfunctional that it completely ruins the show being watched. The worst one I have noticed lately is the Netflix ad that carries extra coding and live links, it bugs out my flash player 100% of the time and forces program restarts, which always leads to multiple ads, all playing consecutively rather than skipping to where in the program you are trying to resume to.

This is nothing but blatantly poor coding and something Comcast should conbsider fixing fast, as no competitor is having such horribly buggy streams!!

I've been a Comcast customer for many years and have stuck with it as they have been awesome with stabile services, competitive pricing and a extremely good library. The exponentially increase in streaming issues last few months are starting to make me reconsider though...

New Visitor
Greek_pete

Agreed, I will be canceling the service its the same fee commercials on repeat not worth the $200 a month
New Visitor
Igor1

We just watched a Haven episode the DVR missed and we regret using Xfinity.

12 to 15 repeats of the same dim-witted litter box commercial. First for a one hour show the commercials were too many but the same stupid commercial every 7 minuets. "WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!"  we both were angry and had a headache. You may blame it on the networks but it's you service I'm angry at. I will pay ITunes $1.99 so it doesn't not to see that again.   

New Visitor

Yeah and some of these ads gets stuck and never launch the show.  For example "Almost Human: The Bends".  Launched the show and obviously the ads began.  First that ridiculous turkey call "Cricket" ad.  It gets stuck during that commercial and never proceeds to the program.  Very unsatisfactory.  You comcast people should be able to ensure the freaking ads that play will at least proceed to the program.  Come on get your act together.

New Visitor
vonhunze

Yes please, I am forced to sit through 30 plus commercials, many repeats every 15 minutes, it's abusive considering what I pay for this service.

New Visitor
Bmurph28

I agree. Sometime the ads repeat many times, then go to another ad that repeats many times. Often there are 15 minutes of ads for 5 minutes of show. This is NOT a problem of the network dictating ads. This is a bug in the Xfinity web site. I watch the exact same shows on other sites and the ads are normal.
Xfinity PLEASE fix your web site!
New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Yes. Way too many adds. Lost me me as a subscriber. Very unpleasant. Great idea to be able to watch past shows on my computer, but not worth my time sitting through add after add after add. Such a shame when I pay so much to Comcast for phone, internet, and cable TV. Time to look at satellite!

New Visitor
dbrad

The on-demand TV show ads have tripled if you include length along with the new mini widow pop up ones.  It is worse then I have ever seen on real TV.  You guys are out of control.  I am going to have to go to netflix or something where there are less ads.  It is a problem when the ads are longer then the show almost.

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

There is a way that many of us untilize our Comcast service without having to suffer through commercials, All you need is Comcast's Performance Starter internet service and a Roku box. I'm surprised it is not discussed more in these forums. We are all about simplicity and apply the KISS principle and following these three cardinal rules:

1.     Never bundle

2.     Avoid all TV packages

3.     Reject all offers to upsell you

By keeping things this simple, it is nearly impossible for Comcast to pull any monkey business. All this may sound counterintuitive but we now get GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AS WELL AS INTERNET for LESS THAN 50 BUCKS A MONTH with no junk fees! Not only that, we watch it in high definition without renting any Comcast cable box or paying any silly HD technology fee! It really affords a value proposition that Comcast just can’t match. Although my post was locked down, you can still read more about it (and give it a Kudo too) by clicking on the following link…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

Connection Expert
EG

Two and a half year old topic now closed.