New Visitor
abarger

Re: Xfinity on X-Box and HBO

Add me to the list of those who will leave if this isn't corrected in the very near future!  It's a pretty outrageous move by a company who has overplayed their hand.  As others have said, the Xfinity app is nearly useless as it only mirrors what I've already got Ondemand.

Contributor

Re: Xbox HBO Go blocked?

thats exactly what I though, I can't even use the xfinity app since I have business class internet. If only my love for my Tivo wasn't so strong...

Contributor
bs213

I was actually on the phone wth Verizon about switching to FIOS when I saw this thread...I'll wait a few more days but if Comcast doesn't quickly resolve this issue, I am going to FIOS for sure.  The worst part is that I didn't even hate Comcast as much as some do...until now.  This is a complete embarassment.  I mean I still can't even get the Xfinity app to work!!!  I get 3 different error codes and 5 different total fail screens.

I literally just upgraded my service yesterday when I heard that the HBO GO app was released on Xbox --- DO YOU SEE THIS COMCAST?  I gave you MORE money just for the HBO GO app!!!  The mistake I made was not checking the web first to see that Comcast screwed us.

The clock is ticking...I'll be patient for a few days...then it's on to Fios.

Regular Contributor
LunaStarr

so i heard a rumor that it's gunna launch next week. here's hoping.

Contributor
bs213

I don't believe rumors, but my curiosity got the better of me...where might you have learned this info?

New Visitor
AlirezaR

I am seriously looking into switching to Direct TV solely becasue of this absolutely ludicrous polict of Comcast. 

In fact I have already made sure that HBO Go on Xbox works with Direct TV. 

New Visitor
AlirezaR

Our sentiments exactly!!

New Visitor
dblunder

I most likely would have switched to DirecTV already, if I were not renting. Unfortunately, I am stuck with comcast as the landlords do not want to install a dish on the building.

Contributor
bs213

[ Edited ]

"dblunder", I once mounted the satellite dish onto a cinder block to get around the apartment / landlord problem -- perhaps this would work for you as well.  For me, I am going to give Comcast a few days to make up for this mistake and if they don't, I am going to FIOS because my upstairs neighbors already had it installed into my duplex. It will be an easy transition.

Visitor
jdbausch

I was saddened and frustrated when hbo go was not authenticated on my Roku.  But I figured that was a relatively small number of people, so xfinity could just ignore it.  I hoped that due to the large install base of Xbox, Xfinity couldn't ignore hbo go on it.

That turned out to be correct.  But their response is just ridiculous. 

The fact that the xfinity response on Hbo Go for the xbox is that you should just use the (obviously inferior) xfinity app is frankly insulting.

Once my contract is up, I'm gone.  I can go with satelite or fios in my area.  I've been a customer at this location since 2001.  I really don't want to go, but your disregard for my desires, and apparently my intelligence, prevents me from continuing our relationship.

New Visitor
MMKOCH200

I was so looking foward to HBO GO on Xbox. I really hope Comcast does the right thing in the end.

New Visitor
Johnrr631992

The term Ridiculous does not begin to describe my hatred for you guys right now. I have been waiting SINCE DECEMBER paying the monthly fees waiting for th release of these applications, and now neither works. Xfinitiy is telling me the livense server is unavailable, and HBO GO is not even allowed with comcast customers. Do you people even care the slightest bit about your customers. I mean I would not go to Verizon because I have problems with them as well, but I MUST SAY, I am honestly thinking of switching my current setup of phone internet and cable to DIsh, and My parents, and my grandparents, because you people clearly just enjoy making money and screwing over your customers. Thanks Comcast for making something good a nightmare.

Contributor
lockerom14

At the end of the day its all about money. Want Comcast to listen? Change service providers.

Contributor
Slugger01

[ Edited ]

I feel ripped off that I cant access HBOGO on xbox. I can access it on my computer but not xbox. and people here say they can access it on other devices. But no xbox?

When I downloaded the app last night and didn't see comcast as one of the providers I was shocked. even more shocked that pretty much every provider was there but comcast. Direct tv is what stood out to me. I get letters from them all the time about their service. Its time I go to them if this problem doesn't get fixed.

I've been waiting and waiting for this app to come out. ALONG with xfinity for other content. but xfinity has a bad selection, actually terrible selection of hbo content. Thats why I was excited to be getting both. one for other tv shows and movies and one for hbo content.

My respect for you Comcast is going down the drain. So the faster this gets fixed the better.

i've been fine with my service until now.

This is outrageous

Contributor
bs213

ComcastEric wrote:

Hi all, I've received an update that Comcast and HBO are in discussions to increase HBOGO access for our customers. There's no ETA on this, but we'll post as we know more. Please follow this thread for updates.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-HBO-Go-blocked/td-p/1234509

Thanks for your patience.

Eric 

Eric,

I hope that you can update us on this statement frequently; I am going to wait a few days before I switch providers, so let's hope this decision comes swiftly.

Thanks.

New Visitor
onesicshotdoc

I didn't realize that Comcast was doing this until my buddy asked me about why Comcast/Xfinity didn't show up as an HBO Go app prvider in the list. What happen is that I am a Comcast customer, but I accessed the app thru my friends Charter account which is a listed provider, so I know for a fact that access can be attained using Comcast service, just try selecting a diffetrent provider, but still using your Comcast account? I am going to have my friend try that and see what happens.

New Visitor
doyle7

Just wanted to add my voice to the masses to express how disappointed we are that comcast continues to block hbogo on xbox.  xfinity gives absolutely nothing, we were so excited to be able to catch up on shows. So bummed--- I am shopping other options, can't wait for fios to be available, but may switch to dish for a year if I can find a good deal. anyone know any???

New Visitor
Johnrr631992

Ill give you guys about 1 week to fix this, I figured it was coming out April 1st anyways, so you guys have until then. If not fixed by then, Ill stretch my other options.

Contributor
lockerom14

Another thing about there super wonderful xfinity app (sarcasm) is the hbo content that they do provide wont play. everytime I try to watch East Bound and down the app says the server is down. Its sad. All this time I've been holding out for HBO GO and they pull this. Kudos Comcast. I hope Comcast wins the worst company in America award. http://consumerist.com/2012/03/the-8-remaining-worst-company-in-america-contenders-are-an-elite-bunc...

New Visitor
goodbyec0mcast

Re: Xbox Code 7000, Servers Unavailable?

No HBO GO on Xbox? No brainer. Cancelling Comcast.
New Visitor
jackusli

Such a shame to market that you are coming to Xbox and HBOGo will be available with Xfinity.... Why did not you said that HBOGo is not for Comcast customers ... such a false marketing, such a shame....

Contributor

I just checked out the PC side of HBO Go and all you could manage was 40 movies out of 297?  Comcast are you kidding me?  I'm not even going to go into detail about the HBO original series side of things.  Yep, some tail kissing is inorder here or this 30+ year subscriber is gone!   Better make it stat...  I can't even believe you can be allowed to do this to current subscribers of HBO.

New Visitor
jmark2007

I don't pay for your xfinity service but I do pay extra for your HBO. This is a huge slap in the face for all of us who pay good money for that extra service I hope that you guys make this right this and give us HBO go for our Xbox's. 

New Visitor
dsan

Just wanted to echo my frustration. How did you not anticipate that customers would want to access the full HBO Go library when the app was announced months ago, leading you to scramble now when the inevitable flood of complaints came in? Hopefully you can strike a deal ASAP since it's tempting to switch when just about every other major provider has access to the app.

New Visitor
MrJoeSchmo

Who is running this comapny? How dumb can you be?

Everyone who subscribes to HBO was looking forward to this app on the Xbox360. For you not to offer it is a slap in the face. I can hook up my computer to my big screen TV and watch HBO GO, but I cant through my Xbox? What sense does that make, whats the difference? An Xbox is a glorified computer/multimedia machine that hooked up to your TV instead of a monitor.

With an install base the size the Xbox has, you are stupid not to offer HBO GO. If a customer of yours doesnt have HBO, I guarentee many would sign up for HBO through your cable. Then you make money. Dont you want me to run your company for you? Cause you're dumb for passing up an opportunity to to add more HBO subscribers to your service.

Or are you afraid I wont spend a few hours a day looking at your ads... ya thats probably it. Well jokes on you, I DVR and fast forward everything. Straighten this out.

New Visitor
skizzaman

Re: I pay for HBO. Give me HBO GO on my Xbox!!!!!

You and me both!  This exactly why Xfinity subscribers want HBO GO on their XBOX 360.  I wish to watch season one of The Wire, not start on season 2, and please don't tell me to watch it on my iPhone.  That is far from a substitute.  It looks pretty poorly of Camcast for HBO GO to list all the providers, some of which I have never even heard of, who allow access to their app and Comcast is not one of them.  I already pay 200 plus a month for service for about 100 watchable HD channels and without the movie package it would be a lot less.  Please stop nickle and diming us!    

New Visitor
jim2555

Really terrible. Was looking forward to this for months. I really don't like watching tv shows on my computer, so hooking up the xbox and watching from there sounded ideal. I bought a subscription to xbox live and downloaded the app only to see that Comcast wasn't supporting it on the xbox. I don't know why I was so surprised, and I guess it's my fault for assuming Comcast would do something this cool and convienent. It's not like Comcast has ever been a great company or blown me away with it's service. It seems content with being the best of everyone's bad situation. Hopefully they'll fix it soon but I'm not getting my hopes up.

New Visitor
lamontcranston

They don't make it easy to complain but let's all try to call AND email AND chat AND do whatever else it takes to let them know. I'll be cancelling tomorrow and I want to make sure they know why

New Visitor
lamontcranston

Re: I pay for HBO. Give me HBO GO on my Xbox!!!!!

Truly a weak move on Comcast's part. Keep posting and keep bugging 'em...I know I shall be even after I switch services.

New Visitor

Re: HBO GO Doesnt Work

I feel for you, that's got to be more frustrating than what the cable / internet folks are dealing with.

I don't understand a reason for preventing Comcast users when most other providers have no issue.

It's sad that this is the only cable internet provider in my area - if it weren't for the speed I would have left Comcast a long time ago.

Can't wait until an alternative comes out - fingers crossed for fiber optic. 

Contributor
NicholasCL

I've been firing off 3-4 emails a day and live chatting with reps online but I can't stand waiting on hold so I usually hang up. I've also been posting on their facebook and tweeting...it's pretty sad, I know but I have a lot of free time at work
Contributor
NicholasCL

They wonder why people pirate so much
New Visitor
HBO_GO_or_We_GO

Seriously Comcast....Open HBO GO on XBox 360 or We GO to another provider!!!

Other alternative is add all the HBO GO content to your Xfinity app for XBox 360!!!

Figure it out!!!! 

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Give me a break. Unless Xfinity TVfor Xbox includes it's own HBO GO channel, its no more the same than saying On Demand is a resonable substitute for HBO GO which it isn't. Do you really not know this, or is your goal here PR? Can you watch upcoming episodes of HBO series before they air On Demand or on your app which doesn't even work like you can on actual HBO GO?  Not on On Demand, and the chances that you'll be able to using this Xfinity app are slightly worse than you releasing an xfinity for Xbox that worked out of the gate. Didn't you guys try to work a deal with Microsoft for  Xbox only a couple of months ago only to have them tell you to give them a call when you got a working Engineering department? I can understand the difficulty though when you have to translate to the various 3rd world languages that your support staff speaks natively and then back to English.

Comcast never passes up an opportunity to suck. Your attitude that you released an as of now not working xfinity app for xbox so that's the same only adds insult to injury.

Remember when you guys wanted to charge Netflix for the bandwidth your subscribers were already paying for and were tone deaf enough to announce that while you were trying to buy NBC? HAHAHAHAHA This is on its face slightly less nefarious.

New Visitor
jz44

I've hit up a couple of their twitter handles, posted on facebook, sent them an email directly through the website, posted on this thread, and also filed a BBB complaint on this. I'm also seriously considering filing an FCC complaint against them. As many have pointed out so far, on its face, there is NO good business reason for them to not allow us access to the HBO Go app. The only thing that I can think of is that there has to be a bigger picture issue that we're missing like net neutrality, and Comcast trying to use this a test of some of the FCC loopholes. That is exactly what their doing by not counting the data streamed through the Xfinity app itself against our data caps. It may be technically legal, but it is far from the intent of the laws, and I believe they are just pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with, and for how long.

New Visitor
realproudofya

I sent Comcast a message through their corporate blog. Who knows if I will hear anything back but it can't hurt to let them know how much they have disappointed their customers.

http://blog.comcast.com/contact_us.html

Contributor
bcr0214

I'm no Xfinity fan and I'm livid about blocking access to HBO Go, but the Xfinity app not counting towards your data cap actually makes a lot of sense.  The data for the app goes over their Private IP network, the same one that your digital cable signal goes through.  The data for your digital cable doesn't count towards your cap, so why should the Xfinity app traffic?  It IS actually going over a different network, hence all the problems with the app during the roll-out; I don't think their PIP network was equipped to handle the massive amount of added traffic in a 24 hour period.  That being said, I've called their Exec. Support Line (the number WAS posted on this thread, before it was deleted), been harassing their facbook wall for 3 days, and generally registered my disgust with Xfinity right now. 

Contributor
Garrett2104

XBOX and HBO GO...No Comcast?!

Hi,

We have been waiting for HBO GO to finally be available on xbox360 for months, so we can enjoy HBO like we currently do on our PC.

Yesterday, we noticed that HBO GO was available in the XBOX dashboard but - to our utter amazement - Comcast was the only provider NOT on the list.

Is this an oversight?

Because if not, I find this completely amazing that one of the largest providers doesn't offer this. To make matters worse, there are all kinds of 3rd rate providers on the list that no one has ever heard of like Blue Ridge Communications, Grande Communications, and RCN present.

What the heck?

Contributor
noneroy

The problem here is that companies like Comcast just do some simple math to make decisions like this and customer satisfaction isn't a factor. If the number of people they know will drop them is greater than the cost to implement HBO GO on Xbox, they will do it. If not, they will not. Unfortunately, The number of users who A) Have HBO and :smileycool: are dying for it on Xbox are a minority within a minority of their customer base.

How many people in this forum are *actually* going to drop them for this? I bet not many. And Comcast knows it. If they give us the line of 'we are in discussions' it'll be enough to cool people down until the problem blows over.

I know I will not drop Comcast because I'm under a contract with them for another year and I live in a part of the country which is cloudy making Dish a roll of the dice. However, my money counts the same even if I'm unhappy and wish I didn't have them as a provider. Long term contracts let companies like this get away with treating their customers like numbers because they have no incentive to do the right thing. Sure, they'll lose some money if everyone here dropped them but not enough to make a difference.

I long for the time when I lived in Chicago where the city did something crazy -- they opened the city up to competition. There were two *gasp* cable providers! RCN was leagues ahead of Comcast in terms of price, customer service and technology. I also notice they allow HBO Go on the Xbox. Imagine what would happen if Comcast had to actually be compete in the market...

New Visitor
sleepyme

[ Edited ]

I was told by a rep late last night that they were slowly rolling it out to certain areas.  Take it for what it's worth.

I told her, "even WOW! is listed as a provider.  C'mon, comcast.  Seriously?" and she laughed. heh 

Visitor

hbo go on xbox 360

My famiy has had comcast internet and tv for over ten years now and comcast is supposed to be the leader in technology and customer support yet we can't even connect to the hbo go app that was released on xbox. Yes I understand that the new xfinity app was also released but that is just on demand I can run that from my cable box. Any ideas of if and when this could get situated because its crazy.

New Visitor
Smithe336

We want the HBO Go APP for Xbox 360!

Why is it that every major cable provider EXCEPT for Comcast/Xfinity is making this app available to their customers.  Will this be available?  When?  If not I know myself and quite a few friends will move to Verizon FiOS or RCN both of which are available in our area.

Please answer!

Thank You

New Visitor
tmapes

I'm not sure why I'm so surprised to find that you, Comcast are explicitily preventing me (your customer) from recieving the premium HBO content through HBO go on the xbox 360.  I had been really looking forward to having this functionality and am extremely dissapointed.  Yes, I realize I can get the limited HBO content that Comcast chooses that I recieve through the XFinitity 360 app.

Comcast, you must realize how poor my perception is of your service.  How will this decision do anything but make your customers despise you even more?

Personally, I've had it with you guys.  You guys are truly the worst.

New Visitor
meekandfrail

if the same content was available from your xfinity app, I'd use it.  I can just use my cable box without having to turn on my xbox (using more electricity, running the risk of burning out yet another electronic device because I've been through 7 dvr boxes in 6 years) for on demand.  HBO go is a service that HBO subsicribers can use to watch ALL of HBO's older content.  When will comcast get their act together?  When HBO offers a subscription that doesn't require a cable provider, and you can be sure that's coming, I will be first in line to cut the cable.  I think I'll go see how FiOS is doing.

New Visitor
sleepyme

Good story on Mashable about the Comcast and Time Warner fiasco with HBOGO. 

http://mashable.com/2012/03/27/hbo-go-comcast-woes/

I am also now hearing that comcast limits the amount of HBOGO content; Comcast users can't access everything HBOGO offers!   

The fiance was sad to get Comcast when we moved here, losing his NFL Sunday Ticket from Direct TV. Direct TV offers HBO go and FIOS recently came to our area.

Time to start investigating our options.   

New Visitor
Guidojones

Just adding my voice to the list - the xfinity app is not an acceptable substitution since it doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of content. I can get the entire run of The Wire and The Sopranos on HBO Go, while the xfininty app has maybe 4 episodes of each.

Contributor
KiloWattson

sleepyme wrote:

I was told by a rep late last night that they were slowly rolling it out to certain areas.  Take it for what it's worth.

I told her, "even WOW! is listed as a provider.  C'mon, comcast.  Seriously?" and she laughed. heh 

This is not true by the way. She is confusing it with the Xfinity App which did a slow rollout. Many reps don't know the difference at all and have been claiming that they are supporting the HBOGo app when they really mean the XfinityTV app with limited HBO content.

Contributor
AstroCat

Please add me to the long list of very seriously diappointed customers. I was very much looking forward to HBOGO on my xbox, I have it on my PC and phone and my tablet but not on my xbox!? Makes no sense!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

dblunder wrote:

I most likely would have switched to DirecTV already, if I were not renting. Unfortunately, I am stuck with comcast as the landlords do not want to install a dish on the building.

In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted rules for Over-the-Air-Reception Devices (“OTARD” rules). The OTARD rules prohibit restrictions on a property owner or tenant’s right to install, maintain or use an antenna to receive video programming from direct broadcast satellites (DBS)....

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/installing-consumer-owned-antennas-and-satellite-dishes

Contributor
bs213

ComcastEric wrote:

Hi all, I've received an update that Comcast and HBO are in discussions to increase HBOGO access for our customers. There's no ETA on this, but we'll post as we know more. Please follow this thread for updates.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-HBO-Go-blocked/td-p/1234509

Thanks for your patience.

Eric 

Eric,

You don't think maybe an update on your comment would be welcome?  Sheesh.