New Visitor
amandalynnbrown

Xfinity Player

I am having trouble finding the upgrade page for the Xfinity player. I keep trying to watch a show and it tells me that I need to upgrade the player but, I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me please?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Xfinity Player

[ Edited ]

amandalynnbrown,

What video player is it telling you that you need?

If Flash, you should get a message that says "Uh-Oh...we need flash". If you get this message, please click the link that says "TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL CURRENT VERSION OF FLASH" at the bottom of that page.

If Silverlight, you will get a message that says "You're almost ready to watch. Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video." If you get this message, please click the blue "Install Now" button and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
amandalynnbrown

This is what it is telling me     Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

amandalynnbrown,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so I can further look into it for you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
amandalynnbrown

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.249.115.41 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; Crossrider129) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Silverlight not installed. My flash version: 10.3 r162 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>
enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

amandalynnbrown,

Try downloading Microsoft Silverlight directly from its page.

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight and follow directions to reinstall latest version of Microsoft Silverlight.

2. Close and restart internet browser.

3. Return to XfinityTV video page and retry video.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
amandalynnbrown

It didn't work it is still saying I need to upgrade my xfinity player

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

have you cleared your cache and cookies?

Try doing it with your antivirus and firewall off.

try google chrome.

See if any of that does anything.

Recognized Contributor
LarryG11

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade:

Xfinity works with the 32 bit version of IE9, instead of 64 bit version.

New Visitor

Why not tell us the truth COMCAST?! Are you so rapped up with Microsoft that you must tell us things that aren't true? 

Silverlight is only for 32bit IE9. If you attempt to use your 64bit IE9 browser... You are out of luck! Why doesn't Comcast use FLASH like the rest of the companies who have brains? Are we doomed to use 32bit Silverlight when we have invested thousands of dollars on 64bit systems? Do the math COMCAST! GET WITH THE PROGRAM. Either change to FLASH or convince Microsoft to develop a 64bit version of Silverlight or loose customers. We are changing cable companies in January! Your Loss!