New Visitor
Anthoula14

Xfinity tv - "Subscription required to view video"

I'm getting this message for several network shows, even though I have extended basic cable and can view these same shows on actual TV. I've called Xfinity tv customer support numerous times. No one has been able to solve my problem yet. Any thoughts? :smileysad: I've been trying to watch my shows online for weeks now..I even paid for Xfinity Streampix, and I get the same error message when I try to access it. 

New Visitor
ComCsucks

Re: Xfinity tv - "Subscription required to view video"

I am having the same issue and have read tons of the other forum issues about this and tried their reccomendations and none have worked.  I have seen that this is a common issue with no resolution on Comcast's part.  This is frustrating to say the least and I will shortly be pursuing other tv options such as Dishnetwork or DirecTV if this is not resolved.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Anthoula14 wrote:

I'm getting this message for several network shows, even though I have extended basic cable and can view these same shows on actual TV. I've called Xfinity tv customer support numerous times. No one has been able to solve my problem yet. Any thoughts? :smileysad: I've been trying to watch my shows online for weeks now..I even paid for Xfinity Streampix, and I get the same error message when I try to access it. 

I see you have a ticket open about this issue. I have alerted our team that this issue still persists. I will update you when I learn more.

ComC***** wrote:

I am having the same issue and have read tons of the other forum issues about this and tried their reccomendations and none have worked.  I have seen that this is a common issue with no resolution on Comcast's part.  This is frustrating to say the least and I will shortly be pursuing other tv options such as Dishnetwork or DirecTV if this is not resolved.

Have you tried deleting your cookies and cache?

Have you tried using a different browser?

Are you signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID?

What shows are you trying to watch that are locked?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
Anthoula14

Joe,

I tried the cookies/cache thing and trying two different browsers IE and Chrome.

I think I was logged in with my Comcast ID, not my complete email address, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to check when I get home today.

As for which shows didn't work - again, I'll have to give exact info when I'm at home, but I know for example - A&E only allowwed me to view *some* shows - I could see Breakout Kings, but when I tried to watch Intervention episodes, it gave me the subscription needed message.

But as I mentioned, I did sign up for Streampix. And when I tried to watch anything on there, I got the subscription needed message.

New Visitor
Anthoula14

I have to be honest and say I'm considering switching services too.

I recently moved, and it took almost an entire week for my cable to get turned on at my new apartment. They sent out technicians three times. I finally raised a fuss and asked for a manager, and the manage made sure a senior level tech came out. It took *him* to figure out what the problem was - the first three technicians thought that I needed new wiring in my building. But the fourth technician found that the problem was that the cables were underground, *not* run through the ceiling, as the first three technicians thought.

It was incredibly frustrating and to now have *this* problem too has brought me to the end of my patience.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Anthoula14 wrote:

Joe,

I tried the cookies/cache thing and trying two different browsers IE and Chrome.

I think I was logged in with my Comcast ID, not my complete email address, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to check when I get home today.

As for which shows didn't work - again, I'll have to give exact info when I'm at home, but I know for example - A&E only allowwed me to view *some* shows - I could see Breakout Kings, but when I tried to watch Intervention episodes, it gave me the subscription needed message.

But as I mentioned, I did sign up for Streampix. And when I tried to watch anything on there, I got the subscription needed message.

The troubleshooting steps were more for the other customer on this thread.

You have a ticket that was opened on 3/9/12 that our team is still working on. I reached out to them and informed then that this issue is still persisting and that no one has reached out to you. When I learn more, I will let you know.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
Anthoula14

Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it.