TV Listings

Content

Queue

Remote Tune

Browsing Online Content

DVR Manager

Video Playback Issues

I am trying to play a video but it is not starting

If a video is not playing, please go to our Help page and make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements and that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps that our on this page:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player

If you have followed all the steps on this page and videos are still not working for you, Post a new topic and include the following information:

- go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in your new created topic

-a link to the video you are trying to watch

-What is happening when trying to watch a video? Be as specific and detailed as possible.

-Even though this video is not working, are any other videos working?

Can I watch videos on xfinitytv.com if I am outside the USA?

Unfortunately, we do not have the rights to stream content internationally. If you are physically located outside of the United States, you will be unable to watch videos on our site.

My video has no sound

Make sure your speakers are installed properly. Once you are sure they are properly installed, make sure you don’t have any headphones or other devices plugged into the headphone jack.

When you click the speaker button to the right of the green bar, this mutes the sound. Even if you mute it then leave the video then come back to it later, the volume is still muted. Click the speaker box and see if that works.

If the steps above do not work, please create a new topic with a link to the video that has no sound and let us know if sound is working on other video sites.

When trying to watch videos online, an orange key appears and says a subscription is required but I am a subscriber to this network

Make sure that you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID.

If you are not signed in or are signed in with a non-Comcast account, our site will not be able to verify your subscriptions.

If you are signed in with your Comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID and are still having issues, please go here and see if the network you are trying to watch is listed under "Premium Networks you can access online" near the top of the page.

You asked for my Shift+L output? How do I do it?

If a Comcast employee asks you for your Shift+L output, do the following to obtain it:

1. Start a video and wait until it gives you an error

2. When the error appears, single click to the right of the network logo, underneath the “Parental Controls” button, then press hold the “Shift” key and press the “L” key.

3. Copy what appears onscreen and paste it in a private message or if the Comcast employee has given you an e-mail address to send it to.

TV Listings

My TV listings are inaccurate

Click your zip code on top of your TV Listings grid and make sure that you have the correct zip code and service area selected. (You can find the name of your service area on your bill) If you have the right zip code and service area selected and your TV Listings are still inaccurate, please create a new topic that your TV listings are incorrect and include the following information:

-Your Zip code

-Your Service area

-Examples of what channels are incorrect/missing and where they should be

I select a favorite on the TV Listings page, but it is saving multiple channels

Our favorites feature checks your favorites selections against the rest of the channel lineup, and adds other channels that have the same call signs to your favorites as well. We do this so that you can identify all of the channels, including HD channels, where you can watch your favorite shows.

Some lineups actually have network channels (including CBS, NBC, etc) on 3 - 4 different stations, which would make a favorites list look repetitive. Unfortunately right now, there's no way to "un-favorite" one without the other(s). We're working on making this feature more customizable in the future.

My TV listings are incorrect even though the right Time Zone is selected

On our TV listings page, click on your zip code on top of the grid, and re-enter your zip code. Right next to the zip code, there is a dropdown list of Time Zones. Re-select your timezone from the dropdown menu and then click the "Submit" button. This refresh should correct your TV listings.

I clicked the “Clear Filters” button on the TV listings page but it is not responding

1. Un-favorite all of your channels
2. Log out
3. Log back it
4. Re-create your favorites

The filters should now be working correctly.

I want to print my TV Listings out

There is currently no way to print out your listings. However, you can print out your channel lineup on www.comcast.com:

1. Go to www.comcast.com
  2. At the top of the page, click "Programming"
  3. Click "Channel Lineup"
  4. Enter your address, apt/unit # (if applicable), and zip code
  5. Click the “Print your channel lineup” link which can be found in the first paragraph

My favorite channels are not saving on the TV listings page

Make sure that your browser is not deleting cookies upon exiting. If it is deleting cookies, your favorites will not save.

Content

Why are some shows available On Demand but not online and vice versa

There is some content that we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet on On Demand and vice versa.

Go here to see what videos we have online. They are updated daily:

TV Shows: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/full_episodes

Movies: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies

Why are Fox shows not being added the day after they air on TV

Fox has recently imposed new restrictions regarding when users may view current Fox content online. As a result, XfinityTV.com users will now have to wait eight days after a Fox program has aired on television before they can watch such program on XfinityTV.com. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further questions about this particular issue, please contact Fox directly.

Why isn’t [movie/TV show] available to watch online?

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of TV Shows and movies. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

Why are there advertisements during online videos?

To have the rights to put most shows online (or on the TV for that matter) we are required by the owners of those shows to put in ads. That's just the nature of the business. If we did not show the ads, simply we would not have the shows at all. The content owners would not give it to us and you could not watch them at all. You will notice that when you watch the same shows on TV they have ads, in many cases much more ads than we play online. Some of our premium partners like HBO, Showtime, Encore, Cinemax and Starz all have

Queue

How do I add programs to my Queue?

1. Type in the name of the programs in the Search TV & Movies search bar

2. On the program’s page, click the “+Queue” button near the top right of the page

Or

1. When browsing TV shows and/or movies, leave you mouse over the picture and a pop-up box will appear.

2. In the pop-up box, a “+Queue” button will appear and clicking it will add this program to your Queue.

How do I remove programs from my Queue?

Go to your Queue page here. On the right of each program, you will see an "X". Click the "X" to remove the program from your Queue.

Remote Tune

I can’t change the channels on my TV through the online TV listings page

Go to our TV Control Help Page and make sure that you meet the minimum requirements.

If you are still having issues, please send the following information in a private message to ComcastJoe so we can further assist you. We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum:

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Also go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in your new created topic.

Browsing Online Content

I want to see only the movies/shows that are available to me.

On our Full Movies page and Full episode page look to the left of the page, you will see filters. The second filter says "Hide [key]". When this filter is set, you will only see movies/shows that you will be able to watch and it will block movies/shows that you do not subscribe to.

DVR Manager

I am trying to set-up up DVR Manager and waited over 24 hours but I am stuck at the “syncing in progress” screen

Go here and make sure that you are using a compatible DVR.

If you are using a compatible box and are still having issues, please send the following informationin a private message to ComcastJoe so we can further assist you. We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Makes, Models, and the names of all your set-top boxes:

The name(s) of your set-top box that is giving you issues:

Please also include a link to your post so we can accurately track your issue. For more DVR Manager information and questions, please go here.