New Visitor
horsefeathers42

error 634

I am receiving error 634.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled microsoft silverlight.

New Visitor
cdpetty81

Re: error 634

Same here.  Brand new Asus laptop, new installation of Google Chrome although I'm getting the same error in IE as well. New Silverlight Installation, uninstalled, re-installed, same issues.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor

same problem trying to watch btn have tried on 2 different hp computers in both chrome and IE.   no luck

tried on ipad and could not see btn.    tried on mac and would not work either

ugh

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

howswife wrote:

same problem trying to watch btn have tried on 2 different hp computers in both chrome and IE.   no luck

tried on ipad and could not see btn.    tried on mac and would not work either

ugh

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Have you tried on a different internet connection?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

I am receiving error 634 on CNN, HLN and when I tried to watch a television show on my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight several times.  My computer information is:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60103 My Cable Provider: Not Installed My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.206.205.140 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3980 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Jan 02 2013 12:30:56 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Jan 02 2013 12:30:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Cg, Cq, Cu, Au, Bv, B, U, Cr, C, Br, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cj, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

I am receiving error 634 on CNN, HLN and when I tried to watch a television show on my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight several times.  My computer information is:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 60103 My Cable Provider: Not Installed My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.206.205.140 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3980 Bytes) 

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

I have tried both IE 10 and Chrome on the Win8 Desktop.  CNN and HLN don't work.  Disney does.  Some TV programs work, some don't.  Of course I don't know which ones use Silverlight.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

I have tried both IE 10 and Chrome on the Win8 Desktop.  CNN and HLN don't work.  Disney does.  Some TV programs work, some don't.  Of course I don't know which ones use Silverlight.

Try running your computer in desktop mode and then try playing CNN and HLN again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

I have always tried to run CNN in desktop mode because in Modern mode it says it is an unsupported configuration.  I tried again this morning no luck.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

I have always tried to run CNN in desktop mode because in Modern mode it says it is an unsupported configuration.  I tried again this morning no luck.

Please hold the Windows key and then press the Pause/Break button and copy all the information that appears and paste it in this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

I can copy the information by pressing alt print screen. I then pasted it into Microsoft Word.  But when I tried to copy and paste from Word using the "Paste from Word" button, it didn't work.  It evidently won't accept an image.  What specifically do you want to know?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

I can copy the information by pressing alt print screen. I then pasted it into Microsoft Word.  But when I tried to copy and paste from Word using the "Paste from Word" button, it didn't work.  It evidently won't accept an image.  What specifically do you want to know?

I want to know everything under Windows Edition and System.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

Window 8

Get more features with a new edition of Windows

Rating 5.9

RAM  8.0 gigabytes

Processor I7-3770 cpu @3.4 ghz

64 bit operating system , x64 based processor

no pen or touch input is available

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

Window 8

Get more features with a new edition of Windows

Rating 5.9

RAM  8.0 gigabytes

Processor I7-3770 cpu @3.4 ghz

64 bit operating system , x64 based processor

no pen or touch input is available

Are you running any anti-virus software on your computer? If so, make sure that it is allowing xfinitytv.com and xfinity.com to pass through its firewall. Also allow pop-ups from these sites.

Are you running IE10 in 32 bit or 64 bit?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

I was using IE 32 bit.  I use Windows Defender virus protection.  I turned off the popup blocker, disabled real time protection in Windows Defender, and turned off the Windows firewall.  Still no luck with CNN.  Tried using the 64 bit version of IE, no difference.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

I was using IE 32 bit.  I use Windows Defender virus protection.  I turned off the popup blocker, disabled real time protection in Windows Defender, and turned off the Windows firewall.  Still no luck with CNN.  Tried using the 64 bit version of IE, no difference.

What type of internet connection are you on? (Home, Public, Home Wi-Fi, Public Wi-Fi, Work, etc.)

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

Home ethernet through Linksys router

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

Home ethernet through Linksys router

Try bypassing the router and connecting your computer directly to the modem. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor
Wade998

When I connected my desktop computer directly I couldn't access Xfinity.net at all.  I could access other web sites. 

FYI I have a Windows 7 laptop that uses my home wifi connection and has no trouble accessing CNN.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Wade998 wrote:

When I connected my desktop computer directly I couldn't access Xfinity.net at all.  I could access other web sites. 

FYI I have a Windows 7 laptop that uses my home wifi connection and has no trouble accessing CNN.

There is something in your Windows 8 machine that is causing a conflict.

Is there any software that you have installed on your Windows 8 machine that is not on your Windows 7 machine?

Are there any plug-ins that are on your Windows 8 web browsers and not on your Windows 7 browsers? 

Go to xfinitytv.com/computer and compare both machines. Is there anything different between the two?

Thanks,
Joe