New Visitor
jlloyd64

xfinity will not load on computer

when i click on the play button for any type of programming on xfinity (movie, tv, etc) xfinity screen states "starting playback".  It would stay in this status all day long if i left it on this page.  the video never loads and never plays.  what's going on?  I used to be able to view programming on my computer.  what has changed?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: xfinity will not load on computer

jlloyd64 wrote:

when i click on the play button for any type of programming on xfinity (movie, tv, etc) xfinity screen states "starting playback".  It would stay in this status all day long if i left it on this page.  the video never loads and never plays.  what's going on?  I used to be able to view programming on my computer.  what has changed?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
jlloyd64

I attached just one episode in particular.  But it doesn't matter which episode I choose, nothing plays back.

Xfinity
Survivor: One World “Survivor: One World - Ep 9, Go Out With A Bang”    More Episodes

(Season 1 | Episode 9)             42:36 minutes

Temptation is sweet for ravenous tribe members vying for individual immunity, and rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council.

Your video will resume shortly.

Starting playback---this is the never ending error.  Nothing plays....nothing streams

<div class="message_content"> <h6>Sorry, JavaScript must be enabled to watch videos.</h6> <p> JavaScript is required to play videos on XFINITY TV. Please enable JavaScript and refresh the page to continue viewing. </p> </div>

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jlloyd64 wrote:
I attached just one episode in particular.  But it doesn't matter which episode I choose, nothing plays back.

Xfinity
Survivor: One World “Survivor: One World - Ep 9, Go Out With A Bang”    More Episodes

(Season 1 | Episode 9)             42:36 minutes

Temptation is sweet for ravenous tribe members vying for individual immunity, and rumors of a hidden immunity idol send Tikiano into a tailspin as they head into Tribal Council.

Your video will resume shortly.

Starting playback---this is the never ending error.  Nothing plays....nothing streams

<div class="message_content"> <h6>Sorry, JavaScript must be enabled to watch videos.</h6> <p> JavaScript is required to play videos on XFINITY TV. Please enable JavaScript and refresh the page to continue viewing. </p> </div>

Make sure that you have Javascript enabled. To enable Javascript&colon;

1. On the Tools menu on your browser, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.
    2. Click the Internet zone.
    3. If you do not have to customize your Internet security settings, click Default Level. Then do step 4
If you have to customize your Internet security settings, follow these steps:
a. Click Custom Level.
b. In the Security Settings – Internet Zone dialog box, click Enable for Active Scripting in the Scripting section.
4. Click the Back button to return to the previous page, and then click the Refresh button to run scripts.
Thanks,
Joe
New Visitor
jlloyd64

It is already Enabled.  I did not have to change it.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jlloyd64 wrote:

It is already Enabled.  I did not have to change it.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

New Visitor
jlloyd64

My Device Information My Zip Code: 32097 My Cable Provider: Comcast Yulee Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.191.96.90 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; WinNT-PAI 11.07.2009; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jlloyd64 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 32097 My Cable Provider: Comcast Yulee Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.191.96.90 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; WinNT-PAI 11.07.2009; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe