Contributor
TrippKnightly

2 new Motorola PR150BNM digital boxes... and neither have working HDMI

This is ridiculously frustrating.  2 new boxes, both picked up at same time and neither have working HDMI out on TVs known to accept HDMI.  The boxes do fine w/ coax and also component output.  Online chat tech said that working component suggested HDMI couldn't work (which sounds like absolute baloney to me).

Have tried using my known good cables as well as theirs and no dice.

Am I just really unlucky or is this a common problem w/ the PR150BNM?

Power adapters 12v / 3A match what box is expecting so it's not them.

I assume I'm not expecting too much for digital boxes to have working HDMI out?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: 2 new Motorola PR150BNM digital boxes... and neither have working HDMI

have you with the box off and tv pressed menu on the remote and set up the hdmi output?  it does not come with it on as far as i know.

Contributor
TrippKnightly

rog286713 wrote:

have you with the box off and tv pressed menu on the remote and set up the hdmi output?  it does not come with it on as far as i know.

rog286713: Your response is a litte confusing but it sounds like you want me to check the HDMI *INPUT* (not output) On the TV and ensure that via the TV's menu I've selected the correct input.  Yes, I'd done that.  It's basic of course but guess you gotta bring it up, and yes I've double and triple checked that as did the remote tech rep.

For anybody in the future reading this, the solution appears to have been embarassingly simple.  The HDMI cable goes into the port on the Moto box but it's deceiving.  You think it's in, but you REALLY need to press hard to get it in ALL THE WAY.  That solved the problem.

The tech support rep (discussed in my original post) led me a little astray I think as I'd be really surprised to find that working component out would be a smoking gun for non-working HDMI.  Case in point, my boxes have both component and HDMI working.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

that was not what I said.

turn your cable box off.  yes off.  with it off, press menu on your remote, in there are the settings you need to look at. 

Bronze Star Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

that was not what I said.

turn your cable box off.  yes off.  with it off, press menu on your remote, in there are the settings you need to look at. 

You did not read his entire post, did you? He said it is working, the HDMI was not pushed into the port all the way.

New Visitor
cdburnguy13

THANK YOU!!!!  When I read your response, that the HDMI cable was not completely seated, I quickly assumed this was not my problem.  But after more troubleshooting, I thought to look and press it in more tightly, and suddenly with a bit more force it "clicked" in almost 1/8 of an inch, and with a snap/click, it is now fully seated & working properly.

This was EASILY overlooked as it does go in very far and tightly then stops.  Now, everything works.  THANKS!

Recognized Contributor
KuyaBill

Just getting picky, but the PR150NM boxes are made by Pace, and the Xfinity remote button is also the menu button.

Contributor
clazman

Please don't think this is dumb, But,are you sure that the HDMI cables are completely in.

I had the same problem, and even tried all of my TV's 3 HDMI inputs.

Then I tried another HDMI cable on my TV's HDMI port #1.

That worked!

I still don't know what happened or didn't happen.

Good Luck!!!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I just solved the channel switching delay issue. W/ your TV on, turn off the cable box (PR150BNM). press menu, the TV screen shows options, go to display, and turn all off except 1080i or what ever resolution your TV is capable of.

This will eliminate the 3-5 seconds delay when switching from one display resolution (eg. 60i) output channel to another resolution (eg. 60p) channel.