New Visitor
Cstatty

APdL - cable box does not turn on

Last night I unplugged my cable box to reset. I wanted to reset because when trying to watch certain channels I was gettin an error message, something along the lines of: channel is temporarily unavailable please wait. After plugging back in, cable box would not turn on. It would go to boot and then nothing. After 1 hr I called Comcast and they said that I neded a new box. So I switched this box with the box which was on another tv and which was working. After plugging this box in, the same thing. When I hit Power I get APdL on the display whe the clock is. After an hour of the box not turning on, I called Comcast and they are no help. I am guessing that this problem will cont inue if I get a new box because the box which originally did not work is now working on the other tv. I have attempted a reboot several times Keith no success. Did a reboot this morning, left work work and 12 hours later the box is still doing e same thing and I can't watch TV in my bedroom. Any suggestions?
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: APdL - cable box does not turn on

ApDL shows up when the box is downloading and installing software updates to the box.  If the power is pulled when it is in the middle of the software install, it can corrupt the box. 

If the box has been connected and powered up for many hours with the ApDL still showing, then the box is shot and needs to be swapped out for another.  A poor signal to the TV outlet can cause download issues.  You still might be having signal issues to that TV outlet, which other functions will also not work, mostly On Demand.

Your choice is to swap the box at the local Comcast office.  You can also schedule for a tech to come out to comfirm the signal condition at the TV outlet and swap the box if it is defective.