Contributor
suzi8894

Analog TV and Digital cable box connection

how do you connect an analog box to a digital cale box? I have a 12 year old analog TV that has the analog converter on but now have an open cable box that allows for on demand. I thought that the if I put the cable into the box then connceted thru the analog converter before it goes into the TV that it would work. It seems I get signal but not enough for a picture to show. It says contact Comacst on the screen but no picture. Does Comcast have a special box that boosts the signal when you have to set up to an analog TV?

I was on the phone with a help person for a long time last night but it did not sound like he was at all familiar with the analog signal TV and how to connect teh cable to get the TV to show a picture. Is there anyone who can tell me what I should do? I know I am not the only person with an analog TV who wants on demand to work on it. Guidance would be appreciated.....Suzi

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Analog TV and Digital cable box connection

Are you trying to use 2 boxes? If you post which digital box you have I can give an exact answer.

Your digital box should have a choice of outputs, just run coax from the box to the TV. You should not need any kind of booster.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

You can only use one box on a tv at a time. If the open cable box has a coax output then connect that to your tv and pull the DTA (analog converter) out of the setup.

Contributor
suzi8894

Hi thanks for replying? So even though the box is digital and the TV is analog, I only have to use the gigital box and should be able to get on demand to work? I would hook cable from house into Digita box then link from Digitak cable box into analog TV? and just use Output to TV?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

suzi8894 wrote: ... I would hook cable from house into Digita box then link from Digitak cable box into analog TV? and just use Output to TV?

That's the idea, but the details depend on which cable box you have. If you still need help with this, please post the cable box model number, and the TV brand and model number.

Contributor
suzi8894

the cable box is a DC T2224/1362/ACDEG CATV converter Model Motorola F?G NOH 0470624-010-00 is this what you needed to tell me what to do to get Analog TV conected to Digital signal? 

Contributor
suzi8894

TV is a Hitachi projection???

Contributor
suzi8894

[ Edited ]

DC T2224/1362/ACDEG CATV converter Model Motorola F?G NOH 0470624-010-00 is this what you needed we can still only hook up cable thru analog converter to get a picture and in doing so lose the abiliyt to have the Comcast menu and access our on demand functions?

Contributor
suzi8894

DC T2224/1362/ACDEG CATV converter Model Motorola F?G NOH 0470624-010-00

Contributor
suzi8894

cable box is a DC T2224/1362/ACDEG CATV converter Model Motorola F?G NOH 0470624-010-00 is this what you needed to tell me what to do to get Analog TV conected to On Demand finctions. TV is a Hitacha projection