New Visitor
larryg123

Anyroom DVR Package- High Level Concept

While watching a regular TV program, (not recorded), on the TV connect to the Anyroom terminal, can I pause the TV program from the Anyroom terminal just as if I were watching the same TV Program on the TV connected to the Anyroom Hub?

Or, to put it another way, can I pause any non-recorded TV program on any of the the Anyroom devices?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Anyroom DVR Package- High Level Concept

here is the dvr page.  According to his.  you definately can. I don't have it though.

http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

rog286713 wrote:

here is the dvr page.  According to his.  you definately can. I don't have it though.

http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/

Nothing there says you can pause live TV on the remote boxes.  I don't have experience with them, but my impression was that only the main DVR had the recording capability, and with it the ability to do things like pausing live TV.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

The page states the following:

Now, on any TV in your home that’s networked to your AnyRoom DVR, you can:

• Fast-forward, rewind, pause, skip ahead or skip back when watching any recorded program.
  • View a recording in progress.
  • Sort and view completed recordings.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

rog286713 wrote:

The page states the following:

Now, on any TV in your home that’s networked to your AnyRoom DVR, you can:

• Fast-forward, rewind, pause, skip ahead or skip back when watching any recorded program.
  • View a recording in progress.
  • Sort and view completed recordings.

And you can only schedule a recording from the main box.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie
New Visitor
larryg123

Hi again,

Nope. Can't specifically find anything in the docs that says the Terminal set top box can pause a non-recorded program. Seems all the documentation is focused on recorded stuff. Unfortunately, if the Terminal set top box cannot buffer a non-recorded program to allow pause/rewind/fast-forward, well, I guess that means only one thing-- ditch the Anyroom system and go back to the standard DVR or back to DirectTV. The vids claim that Anyroom DVR "Puts the power of your DVR in any room in your house". Unfortunately, that now appears to be an incomplete statement. I orginally thought the HUB DVR served as a complete broadcast point serving content to the Terminal set-top including non-recorded channels.  It's a shame. The concept is great but it missed the mark just a bit. Now, it they had included some storage in the Terminal set-top boxes, (maybe a mini-DVR) so that the user could pause/rewind/fast-forward, then they would have a prettey good system. I though the system was going to eliminated having a full DVR for every TV.