New Visitor

Audio not in sync with picture! Please Help!!!

For the past 2 weeks the audio and video is not in sync on some channels and only HD channels. Comcast said they have never heard of this problem. many neigbors have same problem. even work friends in different town have same problem. the worst channel is TNT and A&E. anybody ever had this problem. Its really frustrating to get home and watch shows like this. 
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Audio not in sync with picture! Please Help!!!

It would help by supplying the following answers

Channels involved & channel numbers

Model of Set top Box, how it is hooked up (component / HDMI), both at the set top box and to the TV

If a AV receiver is used, and how you are listening, (av receiver or tv speakers)

TV make / model / age / type (lcd, plasma, dlp, projector)

Make sure you have rebooted your set top box.

Then we can come up with some ideas.

Thanks

New Visitor
hrupprecht

This is a serious problem. There's posts all over the net about it. I have  a 15 month old Sony Bravia hooked to my Comcast HD DVR (not sure of the model, got it November 2008) with HDMI. It varies from broadcast to broadcast, but is definitely noticeable, and spoils the experience. There does not seem to be a problem with the blu ray player, or from my laptop, all of which connect to the TV with HDMI.

New Visitor
dford68

I have a DVR receiver that does the same thing.  It does not matter if you are watching real-time TV or a recorded program... perform the following steps. 

1.  Use the remote to pause the program.
2.  Wait for the video to actually stop on the TV.
3.  After it stops, press play button.

Note:  One feature of the DVR is that it ALWAYS stores upto 15 minutes of the TV station that is currently being watched to the hard drive. I think the sound track and video get out of sync. 

If you fast forward through commercials on your recorded shows, you will might have to repeat this process.

I would call this a "work-around" and not a fix.   Good Luck.

New Visitor
philip_s

Contact support for your TV, or check your TV manual.  A setting on my TV was responsible for my audio not being in sync with the picture.  The setting on my Insignia LCD HDTV was the DCM feature (Digital Clear Motion), which is a feature to eliminate motion blur.  I turned off this feature, though I could have tried Medium, or High.  The Low setting definitely causes the sound/video sync problem.  I just turned the feature to Off, and everything is fine now.  Good luck!

Regular Visitor

This is happening in Santa Fe, TX too.  I have all comcast services and all hd tv's, with HD box.  It is also happening at my mother's house across town.  I have notified Comcast beginning in January 2010.

Sometimes, you can channel up then back to the channel and it will stop.  But it is only temporary.

New Visitor
TruthsRealm

Albuquerque. New Mexico

WOW ... I was told they had never heard of this . And to see you all having the exact problem makes me mad. I have been w/ Comcast over 10 yrs never had issue with my service like this (also have poor internet). I just moved to my Apt. April 2010 and havent had working service I have had techs here every week or every other 4 days since- trying to figure it out. Gotten to the point last 2 appt.s the Techs have canceled calling me saying let me talk to my supervisor or we'll be there tomorrow we'll switch your boxes. NEVER SHOWING.  7 techs total w/ repeat visits  

Problems:  (cable tv)  having sound delays like 2-4 seconds,  getting pausing of picture, channel change to "unstick" and all channels blackout for bout 2-3 minutes . Happens erratically thru out day.  (Internet) had to be upgraded one tier just so I could log on or have a window load.... crazy!   First techs or younger techs tell me my frequency readings are extremely low looks like a hardline replacement??? whatever that is and  then suddenly the line techs tell me I cant find nothing wrong. its probably your modem ...lol sorry I'm no pro but... same equipment before the move . Yes same city move, and i'm now located in downtown area were you would think service has to be updated with so many business customers here. So now going on 2 months of this I have resorted to documenting it. I now got 12 videos of it , no more " never heard of this" .  Waiting for next appt. friday to show them. Like I was making it all up lmao I will let you know if I recieve a fix.....                                

Comcast dont let me down :womansad:

New Visitor
TruthsRealm

Albuquerque,New Mexico

Have it on TNT, A&E also I think its random cause I get it on CNN and TRU tv also. Hmmm Haven't noticed it on local channels though. .. i'll keep watch :smileywink:

New Visitor
blazerkid123

i have had the same problem for about 6 months and Comcast refuses to admit it is their problem although three technicians have been to my house and told me it was coming from the Head in

New Visitor
skimania

I have noticed this same problem with delayed audio, but curiously, I have been able to correct the problem by changing the channel up, then bringing it back to the channel where the problem occurred.  Don't know if this will work consistenly or at all on you system.

New Visitor
HowardBrazee

I have this same problem in Lafayette, CO.

It seems that the delay is only in the HD channels, and it is only with the speakers that go through my stereo (not the speaker built into my TV itself).

New Visitor
dtb1042

I have the same problem in Tallahassee, FL and Comcast says it is not their equipment.

New Visitor
acejorg

I lifted this from another web sight. It seemed to help on my Vizio 50" M class. Hopefully other TV manufacturers may have similar settings

Vizio HDTV- Lips out of sync
Anyone with a new Vizio E601i-A3 60” or 70” HDTV that is having audio “Lips out of sync problems” with a cable or satellite box.
On Comcast cable boxes (or others), here’s what you need to do: FIND MENU for AUDIO or HDMI setup on CABLE BOX or Satellite Box.
FOR COMCAST
1. Turn on TV and have Cable box Turned OFF.
2. Press MENU on COMCAST REMOTE.
3. Go to AUDIO Setting OR HDMI Setting. (On cable or Sat. BOX)
4. Change setting from Auto to L-PCM. (Turn off cable box to exit)
This should resolve any “out of sync” lips to picture after commercials on HD channels.
*This is a handshaking issue from the cable box to the Vizio E601i-A3