New Visitor
Giget1

Basic cable channel listing - changed?

When I signed up for Basic standard cable I was to receive channel 2 - 34 but now they are removing anything above 29???  When did this change? 

What does that leave me with?  Most of the channels I can get with a basic digital receiver and antenna.

I know you get random golf channels or shopping channels but what will I be paying for?  I will miss my TBS (channel 2) but I am not going to pay every month to get one specific channel.

???????????

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Basic cable channel listing - changed?

Hi

Channel lineups are different for each market area Comcast has service in. Our Basic service, now called Limited Basic, carries TBS, CNN, 2 shopping channels, and CSPAN plus all the network channels.

Most Basic services not requiring a box are channels 2-23 with extras based on market area. This is changing with Comcast's Digital Transition.

If you have a higher level of service than the channels may be being moved by Comcast or they were not filtered out correctly before the digital transition.

Where do you live? You could check the channel lineup for your area under the blue PROGRAMMING box at the top of this page and go to Channel Lineups. Don't know how up to date that information is.

You could also call your Local office if you have their number and ask for a new channel lineup list.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

[ Edited ]

It's VERY different from area to area.

By me, analogs are still available up to 35, which happens to be the Comcast public access channel. They are still carrying TCM, Discovery, Food, VH1, TLC, AP, and TBS in analog since they are below 35. When they run out of available RF channels above that (I've figured out there are 17 unused), they will probably start removing these 7 at some time.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Food Network on analog?? My Mom would kill for that. We have a couple of spots left open, maybe I could get the Minneapolis headend to move that channel from the Digital channels. We get 2-23 plus 99 Univision, CSPAN2, EWTN, tptMN, and 2 metro stations also but the last ones need a box since they are in the 100s and 200s channels. Goes to show how each market is different.

New Visitor
Giget1

After starting to lose channels I looked up the channel line up for Basic Standard in my area.  it only goes up to 29.  My BIG problem is that a couple years back when I signed up for this they said I would get 2 - 35.  Without any prior warning they are now taking away some of the channels I was under the impression I am paying for. 

I would NEVER have kept cable if they told me the channel line up had changed.  Whether they changed the line up or not I personally still feel like I am paying for 2 - 35 and should still get the channels.

Sorry this just really is frustrating.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Understand the frustration. In my area there are a couple of channels on Basic service that are also duplicated in higher channels. So I wouldn't be surprised in the future if they get pulled from the Basic.

New Visitor
TiNR

This weekend I lost 52 CMT says not athurized and press info for ordering info, but there is no order info. Did CMT get removed from basic Digital York?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

CMT is being moved from Digital Starter(Expanded Basic) to Digital Preferred in some markets. Some other people have posted about this also but they said they received notices about this and also TCM moving to Dgital Preferred also.

If you did not get a notice call your local office and ask for certain.

New Visitor

it wasn't that long ago you got pretty much everything for about 30 bucks.  what's needed is real competition to challenge the comcast/verizon/direct monopoly

New Visitor
Betsy1946

I think Comcast disconnected me because they dont want to hear anything bad about their service!  They have taken away all the stations and continue to tell us that they are IMPROVING our service!

All they do is Compliment themselves and tell how wonderful they are!  They dont bother to say that they are doubling the Price to do so.  I get more stations on my old analog tv than I do on the brank new tv!  I guess we should all go to the thrift shop and  buy old tvs and get more.  

We are not making advances in tv,  we are just getting Comcast rich!  They should be ashamed.

Lets all go to Satellite now!

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

How about an "Occupy Comcast" campaign?  What I don't understand is why the channel providers allow Comcast to play these games as the losers are the Comcast customers, and the stations (including their advertisers).  You'd think one of their bean counters would notice a difference?