Contributor

Brand new X1 HD DVR box freezing - error code RDK-03032

We just upgraded all cable boxes to X1 system, as well as modem.  This was just YESTERDAY! Was able to watch tv for about 30 minutes, then the whole system froze and I couldn't even change the channel.  My husband said that the other tv was giving him trouble as well. Tried rebooting, but still had the same issue.  Today, I tried again.  It worked for MAYBE 5 minutes.  Again, frozen.  Giving the gray popup box that has error code RDK-03032.  Called xfinity/comcast and ended up being disconnected after being on the phone with someone for 30 minutes. Before being disconnected, I did hear a recording that said that the X1 system was being worked on.  Anyone else in the Houston area having trouble and getting that code?  I am so frustrated.  We also upgraded to "boost" internet, and it's the same as before...keeps intermittently booting us off.  Any suggestions, besides going with satellite? :-)

Visitor

Re: Brand new X1 HD DVR box freezing - error code RDK-03032

All of my area inFla was out for Hours on the 3rd of August I think it was and the recording said your will have service by 12 tommorow seems very quick to take money,but not to get act together

New Visitor
nidiax21

We live in Houston and been having the same exact problem for weeks.  Had several technicians come by and the problem has not been fixed.  We are thinking of canceling our service and going to Direct TV because this problem is really frustrating.   We can't change the channel or use any other options and it gives us that same error code RDK-03032.

Contributor

Good to know that we aren't the only ones...it is ridiculous to spend so much money for such poor service. It has actually been working pretty well for a FEW days, but today it is back to freezing, etc.  We too, are considering cancelling service, or at the very least, getting the old boxes that we had before.

New Visitor
dmoore600

Glad to hear I'm not alone with this issue.  Have opened a few tickets with X1 repair and still have this issue.  Got disconnected 2 times after waiting for over 25 minutes.  Also tried to get credit for the service not working and was offered $3.50 for 5 days of no service, which is ridiculous.  My system has been having this problem for over a month since it was installed.  About to leave and go to satellite because this is just unacceptable.

Contributor

I have had issues with being disconnected mulitiple times when on the phone with tech support as well. I finally called AGAIN today, and after troubleshooting multiple things with the X1 tech, he escalated it to "Tier 2" support - whatever that means. He informed me that someone from that dept would be calling me in 24-72 hours to get this resolved.  WHAT?  More waiting...just what I love to pay $200/month for! It's so unfortunate, because when the system works, it is pretty nice...it just hardly ever works!

New Visitor
insteric

Junk in Massachusetts too!!!!!

New Visitor
hlee320

Lol that's the only answer they can give you. In fact they have NO FREAKING CLUE... I'm so sick of this box that I might just disconnect my cable for good. This "technology" is a POS..
Contributor
fndudek

I am in the Houston area. Got my x1 about 2 weeks ago. My error message is RDK-03003

Started first thing this morning

New Visitor
findeisen

We got the X1 system installed less than a month ago. Last week cable froze up on me for well over an hour and then we came home on Tuesday to our internet, cable, and phone ALL froze. Called in and talked to who knows how many people only to be told that they see no issues on their end. The soonest we can get a tech to our house is Saturday which is a little ridiculous. I think they released the system before they got everything fine tuned and now unfortunately we all have to deal with it.

Official Employee

If you lose all 3 services more often than not its something outside, but check your splitters and connections and also see if an amp was installed that is now unplugged than schedule a tech to come out
New Visitor
4Mouse

Here in Denver and having the same problems with the system freezing and providing the 03032 error code. Have to turn off and unplug boxes. Waited on hold for Comcast support for 54 MINUTES!! No one ever answered and I had to hang up. The most awful Customer Service. And all this just a few days after one of their reps took my upgrade order and managed to enter it as new vs existing....disconnecting/changing my phone number and account. Awful. Wish there were another cable provider option.
New Visitor
gdanielson

Had the new X1 box installed on Wednesday.  Over last weekend we had 4 separate outages giving the RDK-03032 error.  Each lasting 3-5 hours.  This was a complete outage with no TV, internet or voice.  The tech came out today, of course everything was working fine.  Found no issues with any equipment, inside or out.  The tech was not familiar with the RDK-03032 error and could not find any reference to it.  The supervisor stated that this error code indicated a 'plant outage'.  My outages were from Saturday morning to late Monday morning,  It seems plausible that there could have been some work being done but there is no one that I could find that could verify this.