New Visitor
J_C_R

CISCO RNG200N CABLE BOX

I am a new Comcast HDTV subscriber with the Cisco Xfinity Cable Box.  I've had a technician to my house twice and no one seems to know how to resolve issues with the on-screen menus.  I am unable to use the ON DEMAND features because I can't read the movie titles.  The typeface appears in a wide screen format.

The same is true of non-HD channels.  If I press the "info" button, the type is too large to read.  However, HD channels show the info screen in the proper aspect ratio.

Just to make matters worse, I downloaded the user guide for this cable box only to find that the instructions for setting up your tv don't match the buttons on the front of the box.

I've already gone through the steps of unplugging the box, to no avail.

Has anyone out there experiencing similar issues and found an answer?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: CISCO RNG200N CABLE BOX

Turn off the box with the remote, then select the "Menu" button on the remote.  This should bring up a screen for setting up video display options.  Scroll down to the "4:3 Override" section and try selecting "480i" for the display of SD channels.  Turn the box back on.

New Visitor
J_C_R

Thanks but nothing comes up when I hit the menu button.

Any other suggestions?

New Visitor
Wustahguy

Just had a similar issue and it took 2 technicians to resolve it. Turn off cable box then immediately press guide and info at the same time. That brings up the menu. I used it to return the 4:3 override from wide to off.
Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

-

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

try turn off the box and hit channel up and down at the same time to go to the video set up screen

New Visitor
seantodonnell

have you found your solution?

If not try changing your Televisions screen adjuster programing it's usually right on you Televisions remote called INPUT.

New Visitor
twestheimer

you must have an active cable signal plugged in or it will not startup properly!