Visitor

Cable Box IP Address

I replaced my cable box Oct. 22 after upgrading my services on Oct. 21. It is a Motorola DCX3400 and is the only box I have. It is working fine for TV and DVR, though it took 4 days to populate the Guide.

The problem: I am unable to use it interactively for OnDemand, DVR Manager or Interactive TV. It still does not have an IP address. I have talked by phone to several technicians and the box was last recycled the evening of Oct. 22, 4 days ago. I was told to wait until the guide populated and the IP address would be set. It is not.

These services worked fine for years with my old cable box, I have been a Comcast customer at this address for 26 years and keep this service largely because of the OnDemand offering,

The cable box serial number is M110040TCR581.  On the DVR Diagnostics screen it shows 5 MAC addresses. The 5th one is the one on the box label for set top
box: STB MAC: 3C 75 4A AA 3E 84.  The 1st one is the address on the label for DOCSIS MAC: 3C 75 4A 27 51 2B.  I confirmed last night that the service upgrade workorder has been fully completed. I need help from an advanced TV or internet technician to resolve this problem. I do not want to recycle the cable box
again (which loses all my DVR settings and Guide for another 4 days) until a technician can diagnose what the real problem is and that the Comcast system is linked to the correct STB MAC address (above) and can communicate with it.

I would appreciate assistance or other advice on how to escalate this problem.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Cable Box IP Address

as you probably know this is a user to user forum.  I would try sending an email address here.  It sounds like comcast does not have your cable box set up properly on your account. 

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Visitor

Re: Cable Box IP Address

Thanks, done.