New Visitor
lfeuss

Cable Box Turns Off

My cable box (DCT3416 I Dual Tuner DVR/HDTV Capable) turns itself off.  For the past couple of days I have come home from work or woken up to a powered off cable box.  Pressing the power button does not make the box turn on.  I have had to unplug the box and plug it back in  for it to power up and work (from either the back of the box or power outlet, it doesn't matter).  I have missed DVR recordings due to this issue and I cannot find an answer on the forums.  Calling the 800 number generally gives me the canned response, "switch out the box".  

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Cable Box Turns Off

The DVR could be overheating or just failing, as it is a older DVR.

The suggestion for swapping the DVR at the local office would be the best step, take the remote with.

New Visitor
brd24

My DVR won't let me playback what's been recorded

I installed by cable box last Friday and I just noticed that what I've been recording on my dvr will not play back when prompted.  It says that it won't play because of a "fatal hardware error".

Any thoughts?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: My DVR won't let me playback what's been recorded

fatal hardware error = bad cable box.

You are welcome to exchange it at the local Comcast office, or call Comcast support to send out a tech.  If you take it to the local office, take the remote with.