New Visitor

Cable TV reception

I cannot seem to get the reception problem on my Cable TV fixed.  The signal breaks up and I will lose picture and sound.  the picture will freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time.  I miss have of a program.  I have called Comcast support at least 7 times in the past 4 months.  They just send a signal and nothing changes.  What else could it be?  It's not the TV, could the cable box be going bad?

New Visitor

Re: Cable TV reception

I have the same problem. The picture and sound went out  yesterday afternoow.  I have tried everything possible to get it to work.  I know that it is the cable box and I am going to have to stand in a long line to get a new one.    Very frustrating.

Bronze Problem Solver

It could be anything in the signal path (including cables/splitters/box).  Try to isolate by removing as much as possible, and/or swapping things around.  If nothing resolves the problem you are basically left with replacing the box or getting a service call..

New Visitor
New Visitor

For several weeks I've had poor tv reception, mainly the picture freezes up then the screen goes blank.  This was happening every five minutes.  I pushed the reset button on the modem, and so far I haven't had the problem.  Hope this helps. 

Contributor

I have been having problems as well. I have replace the cable box and the problem came back several days later. At this point, I have a tech coming in a few days, hoping to find the root of the problem. Try replacing the cablebox. If still having problems after getting a new cablebox, I suggest getting a tech to come over and see if the tech can pinpoint the problem.

New Visitor

Same problem too....It' seems like everyone you talk to has this same problem. Wish they would just admit it and try working on it!
Official Employee

Pixelation and signal break up issues are almost always related to signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. 

Please contact us at 1-800-COMCAST to start the troubleshooting process. We may need to schedule a technician to check and adjust the signal levels at your home. Thanks for your patience.

New Visitor

I called on Friday and they were able to fix the problem.  Thank you.

New Visitor

I have also had pixelation problems. Strangely it seems to start daily between 4 and 5 in the afternoon, occasionally a tad earlier. Have not had a tech out yet (have no confidence based on past calls) and I'm waiting to be able to take a full day off work before calling.

1gr9aunt: I'm wondering how they fixed your problem

New Visitor

I went onto the  Comcast website and went to online chat.  It took about 1/2 an hour. It ended up that my cable box needed to be reactivated.  I hope this helps.