Posted by
New Visitor
Member Since: ‎01-28-2012
Posts: 1

Cable Wall Outlet

What is the "Cable Wall Outlet" and where is it located?
Posted by
Cable Expert
Member Since: ‎03-02-2007
Posts: 13,013

Re: Cable Wall Outlet

[ Edited ]

The cable wall outlet is normally a F connector faceplate mounted on the wall in a room that the TV's located in. 


The cable wall outlet would normally look like this and can be white, ivory or brown.  The coaxial jumper cable would attach between the wall outlet and the coax input connector on the back of a cable box.



 In some cases, there would not be an outlet, but just the coax cable coming out of the wall or floor connecting directly to the cable box.