New Visitor
Anna42

Cable box keeps resetting

At various points throughout the day today, my cable box has been resetting. If you're watching TV, it goes to static, then a blue screen; during which time the box shuts off, then it comes back on and takes forever for the guide or DVR to work again. In the 30 minutes I waited to chat with a tech support person (I gave up after that), it reset 8 times. It seems to be triggered by using the DVR, but does it without prompting, also. 7 of the 8 times it reset in that half hour, the TV itself was off. I've tried unplugging everything, etc, and nothing works. What should I do?

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: Cable box keeps resetting

take it back to you local comcast storefront for a new one...

Contributor

I have the same problems, with an Explorer 2200 -- freezes, slow responses, TV box reboots (sometimes every few minutes). I've given up on On Demand as it almost never loads and is unresponsive. This has all begun since the upgraded Xfinity guide was made available.

Is this a software issue with the new guide rather than a hardware problem? My service worked OK until the new guide was introduced. Now, it's almost unusable.

Peter

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

if you have not done so since the "upgrade'  unplug the box and plug it back in.  There are some issues with the new software that are being addressed by comcast from what you can read on the forum.

Contributor

Thanks. Unfortunately, I've tried unplugging the box, leaving it a while, and then plugging it back in. It's still not working correctly.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

-

Regular Problem Solver

Insomnia wrote:

I have the same problems, with an Explorer 2200 -- freezes, slow responses, TV box reboots (sometimes every few minutes). I've given up on On Demand as it almost never loads and is unresponsive. This has all begun since the upgraded Xfinity guide was made available.

Is this a software issue with the new guide rather than a hardware problem? My service worked OK until the new guide was introduced. Now, it's almost unusable.

Peter

The SA Explorer 2200 is about 10 years old. See if comcast will give you something newer.

Contributor

Thanks, TedTV. Is there anyone from Comcast who reads this and could comment on known issues or replacement of the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200?

Thanks,

Peter

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

No one from Comcast regularly reads these posts unless  they are flagged to followup.

I'd say take the box and remote to your local Comcast office and try to get a new Cisco RNG100 instead.  Why suffer with a clunker?

New Visitor
vivalafoo

New guide = pure evil. I've had a plethora of problems since this new guide took effect. Yesterday, I started having the problem of the box rebooting itself every 30-60 seconds. Needless to say, you can't watch anything. Luckily, my DVD player still works but it's going to be a loooong holiday weekend with kids and no TV! Tech can't come out until Tuesday evening. Wish me luck!