New Visitor

Cable box not responding

I setup the Comcast universal remote to change volume & turn the TV on/off but nothing else works & the cable box does not respond. Any suggestions?
Regular Contributor

Re: Cable box not responding

Did you make sure you pressed the "Cable" button before trying to use the cable box?
New Visitor

Yes. I'm assuming the remote is fine because it lights up when I press buttons. Just the cable box/digital converter isn't responding & the channels won't change.
Regular Problem Solver

You can reset the remote to see if that corrects it then re-enter the volume lock code again.

Regular Contributor

Is this a HD box?  They are known for having issues with the HDMI connection.  Turn off the tv and try to change the channel.  I had to switch to component cables.
New Visitor

Ahh nothing is working! The thing is, the box use to respond but then when I entered the code so the Comcast remote will be universal to my TV, the box stopped responding. Very very odd :/
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

sexyi86 wrote:
Ahh nothing is working! The thing is, the box use to respond but then when I entered the code so the Comcast remote will be universal to my TV, the box stopped responding. Very very odd :/

You might try a reset of the remote.

Regular Contributor

Does it work if you use the buttons on the box itself? To determine if this is an issue with the remote or the box, try programming a different universal remote to control the cable box.