New Visitor
caram
Accepted Solution

Cable box not working

Ok so my husband was watching TV while I was at work and a message came on the screen that said to wait a few moments the channel will be available shortly but that message was on all the channels. So he turned the cable box off and the box started to flash. The Tv which is connected to the cable box would not turn on so I disconnected the TV and pluged it into the wall, turned it on to see what the screen looked like and it would just go from black to static every time the cable box would flash. The cable box will not respond to the remote or anything else. I can't even turn it off unless I disconnect it from the wall. Is this something I can fix from home or do I just need a new box? I just have the standard one, no HD or DVR.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Cable box not working

Your can certainly take the box to the local Comcast office for a swap, but more likely you are having signal issues to the TV outlet, and it most likely is an ouside issue that must be fixed by a Comcast tech.

Before you do anything else, double check that all coax jumpers are snug at all points, at the wall jack, the back of the set top box, and at any splitters you can access.

Outside, it can be caused by damaged drop cable, wet / corrorded / loose fittings, either outside the house, or issues upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

Calling Comcast would probably be the best step, and more likely they need to send out a tech.