New Visitor
Clake40

Cable box will not turn on

My Motorola DCT3412I will not power on.  I have unplugged it and plugged it back in and it comes on and appears to be loading as I can see d1.  After this is complete the power shuts off and I cannot turn box back on.  Help...Please

New Visitor
Clake40

Re: Cable box will not turn on

Nevermind...I figured it out!

New Visitor
beautysmom

I have the same problem with my cable box. what did you do to fix it, clake?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

your cable box should always be able to turn on unless the power supply to it is dead, which is a rare occurance.  When you plug it in and press power what does it do?  just because it does not show you a picture to your tv does not mean it is not powering on.

Visitor

when I turn on with remote or manually, nothing happens with cable box; black screen, with 'EXT' shown in top left corner.  It worked fine till storm wiped out electricity, after electric came back on, everything was back on, but no cable box function!

New Visitor
Nancy368

I'm having the same problem.  After a brief power outage none of my boxes work.  I've tried everything to no avail. I called Comcast and was told the soonest they could get out here is Sunday.  That's 4 days from now.  A weekend of bowl football and no service?  Come on Comcast. Winter means bad weather which means cable outages requiring tech calls. Hire more techs!

Recognized Contributor
KuyaBill

[ Edited ]

undiemes wrote:

when I turn on with remote or manually, nothing happens with cable box; black screen, with 'EXT' shown in top left corner.  It worked fine till storm wiped out electricity, after electric came back on, everything was back on, but no cable box function!

How is your cable box hooked to your TV set? The "EXT" is for external source, so it you are hooked up using coax, you need to press the "input" button on your TV's remote.

Visitor

Thanks much for your reply.  I will now give it a try. It's never been on 'EXT', so was baffled. Maybe this will do it.  Have a good Friday.

New Visitor
srmorris

Same problem here! I don't get a screen or message at all. It's like my box isn't getting power. Tried plugging into different outlets and still nothing. Then Comcast tells me I may have to pay for it. How is this my problem? This is not the first time the power has gone out and I have NEVER had this issue. So frustrating!