Regular Contributor
draybook

Can't program Comcast remote to Element TV

I tried using the codes 11523 and 10178, but no luck. I followed the instructions here on how to program it and the tv will accept the code and turn back on. However, after that it doesn't respond at all. I have an Element 47" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, ELGFT471. My remote is the Comcast Universal
Remote - Red OK/Select Button. Any ideas?

Recognized Contributor
dummycvg

Re: Can't program Comcast remote to Element TV

When i did research on the matter i show that Element has 3 different codes Element 10178, 11523, 11178. Since i only saw two. i would try the ones that i just posted and let me know if any of those work.

Regular Contributor
draybook

No dice. I forgot to mention that when I got it to at least accept it I was using the auto-search code feature Comcast said to use, the 9-9-1, 1 then channel up search.

Recognized Contributor
dummycvg

Sorry. But from everything I looked at one of those codes should work. I contacted Comcast and they gave me the same numbers that i gave to you previously. It seems the only as of right now wuold be to use the code search on the remote to get the tv working with the remote.

Just for a refresh...

For example, after trying all of the codes for your TV, you still cannot get the remote control to operate your TV, then:

1. Turn on your TV
  2. On the remote control, press TV once. Then press and hold Setup until the key blinks twice, then release Setup.
  3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1. The TV key will blink twice.
  4. Press and release the digit 1. The TV Key will blink twice.
    • Note: Substitute 1 with 0 if searching for a Cable code, 2 if searching for a DVD, VCR or PVR and 3 if searching for an Audio device.
  5. Press Power and aim the remote control at the TV and press CH + one or more times until the TV turns off.
    • Note: In the search mode, the remote control will send IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular code first.
  6. Press Setup once to lock in the code. The TV key will blink twice.
  7. To search for the codes of another device, repeat steps 1 to 5, but substitute the AUX key for the auxiliary device you are searching for.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

try 11523

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

oops didnt see you used that one.  Try all the codes for Kodak tv's

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Regular Contributor
draybook

No luck on any of those. I'm not too worried about it, not like it's hard to get up and push buttons, just a matter of convenience.

Visitor

I did not find a specific code for the Element but there was a way of programing it where you just kept pushing a button (I think channel up)until the tv turned off and it worked for me.

Visitor

Thank you so much! That worked on my new Element TV!

New Visitor
blipsqueak

FYI, I couldn't get the remote to work for my newer Element TV until I updated the TV with the remote update for the TV found here: http://www.elementelectronics.com/remoteupdate.html

New Visitor

Code 11523 worked for, thanks

New Visitor
heather2388

to the person that posted the Element TV update!!! Thank you!!! thank you!!!!  Thank you!!! I was going nuts trying to program the code.

Works like a charm!!

New Visitor
GreenKnight08

Yes : I just wanted to point out that in the steps to automatically finding the codes, it was stated that for DVDs to hold down the TV button in step 2, whereas the pamphlet says to use the Aux button. I am actually hoping the pamphlet is incorrect in that I cannot get my DVD recognized by any of the suggested codes or by this automatic method. I can't find any schematics/ diagrams except for a basic cable hookup which does me no good. There is no information on what channel you need to be on to watch your DVD, if any one in particular is required, on this new  Xfinity system [though i don't have the actual Xfinity advanced system installed]. And should you be in "cable mode" as I can't find a way to just be in TV mode. Does the A/B light have to be on, & if so, how does one go about keeping it on ?

Bottom line there is so very little info on getting a DVD player to work w/ a newer TV & Comcast system that I am about ready to disconnect the box from the TV & connect the DVD to the TV & just watch DVDs the "I-just- moved-in-and-don't-have-TV-service-yet-method" of entertainment ! And I did just move in and might as well not have TV service as far as trying to watch my DVDs as it is rocket science w/ a great element of guesstimating trying to figure it all out.

I can't even get,using this described method of automatice code-finding & locking, to get the lights to flash twice on the remote !  As my best buddy in the Marines always said, "it's gotta be me" !!!

New Visitor

Thank You!  10178 worked for us on the first try.

New Visitor
themartels

thanks,  11991 worked greaton an element RBELDFT406

New Visitor
vjrichardson

Thank you! 10178 worked for me.

New Visitor
PearsonFam

Code 10178 worked for the XR2 Comcast X1 system remote on the 50" Target Black Friday 2013 TV ELEFT502
New Visitor
jmasiyah

The code 10178 worked thanks so much!
New Visitor
UnicornSnoopy

The code #10178 for the Element HDTV must be loaded to both the tv and aux buttons on the Xfinity remote, it works for me!

draybook wrote:

I tried using the codes 11523 and 10178, but no luck. I followed the instructions here on how to program it and the tv will accept the code and turn back on. However, after that it doesn't respond at all. I have an Element 47" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, ELGFT471. My remote is the Comcast Universal
Remote - Red OK/Select Button. Any ideas?

New Visitor
afishh

The four basic codes for Element TVs are:  10178, 11523, 11178 & 11991. This is, of course, if you have the remote with the Red Ok/Select buttons. If you have the remote with the Gray Ok/Select buttons, it takes only 4-digit codes, so just drop the first digit of the above codes & try them. It will behoove you to update your software first, though, as that may prevent any codes from working. This involves purchasing (if you don't already own one) a USB cable (check ends before purchase, ie, male-to-female or female-to-female, whatever the tv port requires and whatever your computer port requires, which is usually female). Purchased a 23-inch Element for my son for Christmas on Brown Thursday (the day before Black Friday) from Walmart, and found it didn't even come with the TV base, so when he didn't check the box until he got back to graduate school in Mississippi (like I told him to do!), that didn't go over well! Then when he asked about programming the remote & I couldn't find codes in the remote manual, I did my research to prevent yet another disaster...Hope this helps someone out there.

New Visitor
afishh

I was also advised that some Kodak codes will work with Element tv's, but they're not listed in the remote manual either, and we got the very first code to work, so this is just a theory at this point.

New Visitor
BiXLL

To bring an old thread back to life!  I have a 19" Element thaqt I can get to turn on and off with both codes 10178 and 11523.  Problem is, I have no channel change or volume with either of them.  same thing when I do the channel up code search.  The link for the remote update does not work anymore either.  Anybody got any ideas for me to try?

New Visitor
BiXLL

After playing around with it some more, I now have on/off and volume.  No matter what I do or how much hair I pull out I can not get the channel to change!~

New Visitor
BiXLL

PLEASE!!!!  Somebody give me the magic trick to make the channels change!

New Visitor
afishh

Reposting to help those who didn't see the original posting:  The four basic codes for Element TVs are:  10178, 11523, 11178 & 11991. This is, of course, if you have the remote with the Red Ok/Select buttons. If you have the remote with the Gray Ok/Select buttons, it takes only 4-digit codes, so just drop the first digit of the above codes & try them. It will behoove you to update your software first, though, as that may prevent any codes from working. This involves purchasing (if you don't already own one) a USB cable (check ends before purchase, ie, male-to-female or female-to-female, whatever the tv port requires and whatever your computer port requires, which is usually female). Purchased a 23-inch Element for my son for Christmas on Brown Thursday (the day before Black Friday) from Walmart, and found it didn't even come with the TV base, so when he didn't check the box until he got back to graduate school in Mississippi (like I told him to do!), that didn't go over well! Then when he asked about programming the remote & I couldn't find codes in the remote manual, I did my research to prevent yet another disaster...Hope this helps someone out there.

New Visitor
afishh

The four basic codes for Element TVs are:  10178, 11523, 11178 & 11991. This is, of course, if you have the remote with the Red Ok/Select buttons. If you have the remote with the Gray Ok/Select buttons, it takes only 4-digit codes, so just drop the first digit of the above codes & try them. It will behoove you to update your software first, though, as that may prevent any codes from working. This involves purchasing (if you don't already own one) a USB cable (check ends before purchase, ie, male-to-female or female-to-female, whatever the tv port requires and whatever your computer port requires, which is usually female). Purchased a 23-inch Element for my son for Christmas on Brown Thursday (the day before Black Friday) from Walmart, and found it didn't even come with the TV base, so when he didn't check the box until he got back to graduate school in Mississippi (like I told him to do!), that didn't go over well! Then when he asked about programming the remote & I couldn't find codes in the remote manual, I did my research to prevent yet another disaster...Hope this helps someone out there.

New Visitor
nhhunter

Just an FYI. I just picked up a Element 19" and the code that worked for it was 10019. 

New Visitor
cleireac

We have an Element ELEFC463JA TV. We also have the XR2 remote. We had the remote paired with the TV for a couple of weeks (using the 9-1-1 code and the CH up buttons until the TV turns off method), but for some reason, lost the pairing.

What do I do now?

New Visitor
afishh

Reposting to help those who didn't see the original posting:  The four basic codes for Element TVs are:  10178, 11523, 11178 & 11991. This is, of course, if you have the remote with the Red Ok/Select buttons. If you have the remote with the Gray Ok/Select buttons, it takes only 4-digit codes, so just drop the first digit of the above codes & try them. I was also told that some Kodak codes work, but we got lucky & the first set of basic codes worked, so that's just a theory at this point.  It will also behoove you to update your software first, though, as that may prevent any codes from working. This involves purchasing (if you don't already own one) a USB cable (check ends before purchase, ie, male-to-female or female-to-female, whatever the tv port requires and whatever your computer port requires, which is usually female). Purchased a 23-inch Element for my son for Christmas on Brown Thursday (the day before Black Friday) from Walmart, and found it didn't even come with the TV base, so when he didn't check the box until he got back to graduate school in Mississippi (like I told him to do!), that didn't go over well! Then when he asked about programming the remote & I couldn't find codes in the remote manual, I did my research to prevent yet another disaster...Hope this helps someone out there.

New Visitor
cleireac

afishh wrote:

It will also behoove you to update your software first, though, as that may prevent any codes from working. 

I presume you mean that I need to update the software on the TV?

New Visitor
afishh

Yes.

New Visitor
gvkarma

Thank you, the first code worked. I had tried everything even the search option! Thank You, Thank You 

New Visitor
Raj007

11523 Worked for my 19" Element. Thanks.

New Visitor
arctic1000

on your xfinity remote control press and release the tv                                                                                                                 button then press and hold setup button until it blinks twice

then enter number (10178)

this will have your remote working with your Element TV Set in no time good luck!

New Visitor
cleireac

[ Edited ]

No joy. 

Also, not how to update my TV. :'(