New Visitor
gearyr

Can't record with DVD recorder, not DVR

I am haveing trouble recording any movies or tv programs. I have my DVD recorder hooked up. But when I try to record a movie a blue box comes on and says this movie cannot be recorded. Then a code E 26. Don't understand why this is happening. Has Comcast put a block on recording any thing off cable? This has never happened before. The DVD recorder is one I bought at Wal Mart years ago. This not a Comcast DVR. Thanks, gearyr

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Can't record with DVD recorder, not DVR

Please post the model of the Comcast supplied cable box and how you have it hooked to the recorder.

New Visitor
gearyr

Rg110. I have it hooked up with RCA cables and my TV has a HDMI connection.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The RNG110 is the issue, there is a trail of users on this forum with the same issue.  Take it to your local Comcast office and see if they can trade it for a Motorola DCX3200 (RNG150) which will hep with your issue.

Also, when you are sharing your HDMI to the TV along with the composite to the recorder, you will have issues with the analog ports if the TV is turned off while you are trying to record to the recorder.  The HDCP copy protection flag will also flag the analog ports if the TV's off.  The only workaround is to disconnect the HDMI cable from the cable box at the times you will be recording with the TV off.

New Visitor
gearyr

Thanks alot! I was getting ready to get cabel some where else. I had a HD cabel box before I got the RG110. The other HD box would let be record. Not with the RG110. I will give Comcast a call and see if I can trade this one in. This will be my 3rd HD box in 2 months. Thanks again, gearyr

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Calling Comcast will not help, as they don't know what the local center has in stock at that moment.  it is almost impossible to know what the local office as you can't call over there, they are not staffed for calls from the subscribers or even from the national call center.  Usually their only communication is through their help desk ticket system or email.

New Visitor
gearyr

I will go to the local Comcast office and try to get the DCX3200. Maybe they will have one in stock. Thanks again, gearyr.

New Visitor
charlesmossburg

I am having the same problem can not record from my dvr to a dvd ..I called comcast and they are putting a ticket in to check on the service..I am paying for the service and can not make a copy of a great movie.. for my own person use.. I wish more people would call comcast and tell them they need to take off the the do not record switch ..I have been with comcast for over 20 years and if this is not change I might go to another service..