New Visitor
clubpar
Accepted Solution

Certain channels no longer have sound while others do. Any solutions?

NBC and other select channels up the chain do not have sound whereas the other channels do.  It is very odd and this is now the second TV that does it, but the first one that has one of the new digital boxes (the smalld black box).

Any solutions to get the sound back?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: Certain channels no longer have sound while others do. Any solutions?

Press the LANG button on the remote. Some channels have alternate audio configured, but nothing actually broadcast on it.

New Visitor
nevenera

andyross

I love you :smileylaugh:

Contributor

digital box no sound on some channels

i have one of those little digital comcast boxes on one of my tvs and the other day on 2 channels i get no sound. now this has expanded to 5 channels with no sound. my other tv is ok. would this be the box going bad or tv, i am thinking more the box.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: digital box no sound on some channels

On one of the channels with no sound press the LANG button on the DTA(small box) remote. Sometimes the signals make the unit think it is in SAP mode.

I had it happen to me on one channel with one of those boxes in the middle of a program. Some people say that the LANG button gets pushed by accident but when it happened to me the remote was nowhere near my hand so it had to be a signal issue going into the box.

New Visitor

Awesome, it works and it saved me hours not to wait for tech support 

New Visitor
freebird_46349

I have the same problem.  Usually if I hit the language button on the comcast remote, it will bring back the sound.  Other times, if I hit the mute button on and off....even though you didn't mute it.  Hope it works.

Visitor

Pressing the Language button was a great fix. Only 114 has audio problems that do not respond to this, but these problems are on only 2 of the 4 DTA's I have. Strange.

New Visitor
rsdavis

[ Edited ]

Pressing the Language button solved my problem. Thanks!