Contributor
sfgamer

Ceton Infinitv4 and comcast M Cable Card

Well, it seems that I have been unable to escape the frustration everyone else has had with setting this card up.  I am only in day one so far, but it started with a phone call.  I called the number Windows Media Center said I needed to call to pair and authorize my card.  I could not understand the person on the other end of the phone because of her accent.  That isn't her fault, but when I don't know what information to give her I can't solve my problem.  Unfortunately she refused to transfer me to someone else.  So I gave up and tried the chat help.  Forewarning to anyone, the chat is to help you pay your bill and *maybe* set up a cable box.  Setting up a digital cable card tuner is outside the parameters of what they can do.  I was told by the person on the chat help that this is a situation where I will need to have a technician come out, despite Comcast's early adaptation of the FCC's new rules regarding cablecards.  I could not get to anyone however that understood what a cable card was or what needed to happen (IE : me giving them numbers, pairing the card, then sending an activation signal).  I will try again tonight, but if anyone from comcast happens to read this...

Not only was my Customer Service Experience bad, it was non existant.  It was either completely refused or the ignorance level of the people helping me was such that I ended up with no help. 

Recognized Contributor
halfband

Re: Ceton Infinitv4 and comcast M Cable Card

You can try calling back to the original number, the odds are you will be connected with someone else.  You my still have to try multiple times to reach someone who actually knows how to do this.  There is also a cable card specific number posted in another thread, though these numbers do seem to be different for the motorola or cisco areas.  The odds of getting someone who can do cablecards also seems to increase if you call during normal buisness hours during on weekdays.

Good Luck!

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

sfgamer wrote:

Well, it seems that I have been unable to escape the frustration everyone else has had with setting this card up.  I am only in day one so far, but it started with a phone call.  I called the number Windows Media Center said I needed to call to pair and authorize my card.  I could not understand the person on the other end of the phone because of her accent.  That isn't her fault, but when I don't know what information to give her I can't solve my problem.  Unfortunately she refused to transfer me to someone else.  So I gave up and tried the chat help.  Forewarning to anyone, the chat is to help you pay your bill and *maybe* set up a cable box.  Setting up a digital cable card tuner is outside the parameters of what they can do.  I was told by the person on the chat help that this is a situation where I will need to have a technician come out, despite Comcast's early adaptation of the FCC's new rules regarding cablecards.  I could not get to anyone however that understood what a cable card was or what needed to happen (IE : me giving them numbers, pairing the card, then sending an activation signal).  I will try again tonight, but if anyone from comcast happens to read this...

Not only was my Customer Service Experience bad, it was non existant.  It was either completely refused or the ignorance level of the people helping me was such that I ended up with no help. 

"She refused to transfer me to someone else"..   This is the part that is really disturbing to me.  I can understand a 'little' that the person on the phone can't help (or be understood), but they have to transfer you to somebody who can help.  Interesting article in the paper today about Cable companies losing customers, and I have to think this is a contributing factor..  YMMV

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Usually the tier 1 CSR's don't have the full permissions or knowledge to get a cable card paired.  If they can't get the card paired, then they should be putting in a ticket that will go to someone with the proper knowledge and permissions, and they are usually in a local group that works Monday - Friday.  That would not be an immedient transfer, but the person with the ticket would call you back.

I've notified the Comcast Cares Team to look at your issue, and they will contact the right local people to get your cable card issue fixed.  Expect some contact during the business week.

Regular Contributor
BearHooks

In a way I can emphasis with the person. When I moved into this downstairs apartment, I called tech support to get all I could working. So I get the tech and same thing, hard to understand. Skipping abit now. She told me that this apartment has a lock on it. Chomping my lips now to go for the bite. I knew there was no lock on it. I had called at least 5 times in a month to make sure I heard them correct. Plus our cable big box (lack of better word sits 4 feet off my patio.

Then she said that I needed an appointment with tech. I told her NO many times, she still went and gave me an appointment that was not needed. So I sad whateva senorita and hung up. I called again and knew it was same call center. It was VERY loud and I could hear the other techs talking. That is the call center in Mehico.

If ya have to call again see if you can hear others. I do and if I reach them again I dial another number for support.

Contributor
kevrobb

Sorry to hear you are having so many troubles...not sure if you saw my post on here but it took 3 physical techs multiple days and hours spent on the phone with comcast to resolve my card issues.  I can offer you this advice, call Ceton their customer service is second to none and once I involved them in my problem comcast magically started paying attention. The Ceton rep explained to me how comcast needs to be aware and support these cards and if they do not have a technician that can help they would speak with comcast directly.  Also, not sure how it works in your area but when asking for a tech to come out (if they require that) specify you want an actual Comcast tech not a 3rd party they tend to be more helpful.  Good luck!

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

A ticket has been open for your issue with pairing the cable card.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
sfgamer

Well....I was told on the 13th that I would receive a call ...still waiting for that to happen. I guess it is easy to see why I don't really believe that the ticket has been issued either. In the meantime working with cetoncorp I was able to determine the tuner itself was defective. Getting a new one...but not excited about the chances of getting the cablecard paired and activated.
Contributor
sfgamer

Ok...this is almost becoming hilarious....new ceton card is here...it works fine.  I've been able to tune channels without the cable card.  The cable card I had from the previous ceton wouldn't activate.  So this morning I run down to the Comcast store, grab a new card, come home and get on the phone...turns out that It wasn't added properly to my account!  So now I've been told that they were able to do that over the phone but as yet still no activation.  I understand that there are problems with the motorola cards and I'm willing to go through the steps to make this work, but...This marks my 6th trip to the comcast store to work on this issue.  I've been told at least twice during the course of this thread that customer service tickets have been issued and I should be getting help but to date I've been contacted by no one.  It seems at this point that a gratis technician visit should be the way to go, but from everything I've read in the forums that really isn't going to help anything either.  If Comcast really doesn't support this product, then fine, come out and say it.