New Visitor
RaleighDawg
Accepted Solution

Change width of flig bar - Motorola RNG200N

I just received a Motorola RNG200N HD DVR.  It works well but I can't find a user manual for it online.  The RNG200N on the comcast site is a Cisco unit, not Motorola.  I'm trying to find a way to change the width/height of the flip bar with this unit.  I can choose top or bottom the screen for a position but the flip bar is still a 'stubby' box in the middle of the screen at either the top or bottom.  I want to extend the flip bar to 'fill' the entire width of my TV which will hopefully get rid of the box (square) and give me more of a rectangle (and thereby not block as much of the picture as it current does. 

Thanks in advance for the help !

Jeff

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Change width of flig bar - Motorola RNG200N

[ Edited ]

The guide and related menu popups will not fill the width of a 16x9 screen with the existing I-Guide on Motorola boxes.

The Motorola RNG200 branded DVR is actually a DCX3501, which is the very newest Motorola DVR deployed.

New Visitor
daveflyer

OK, so the Motorola is actually a DCX 3501M.  We still can't find a user manual!

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Comcast hasn't published the Motorola manual for the DCX3501 yet.  The generic Motorola manual is available at another non Comcast location HERE

Since the I-Guide running on these boxes is customized by Comcast, it isn't in the manual, and operates the same across all Motorola boxes.