New Visitor

Clearing all channel reminders..

I need to clear all channel reminders as the programs I wanted to be reminded to watch have changed, yet the box still brings up the reminder banner and a reminder cannot be cleared once it has been displayed.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Clearing all channel reminders..

I can't test this right now, since I'm away from home for a few days.  I've never used reminders, but I would think you could reset an individual reminder by using the same process as to set it, and toggle it off.  Perhaps I expect too much.  If you don't get a better answer before Tuesday evening I'll try to check it out.
New Visitor

I cannot remember all of the reminders I have set.  They are all wrong now as programming has changed.  Once the reminder pops up on the screen it is not possible to "untoggle" it. 

Is there a reset button or sequence or something to reset the whole thing?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I really don't know, and have no way to test it for a few days.  Perhaps someone on the forum will know.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

You can see if a program has a reminder by the bell icon in the info screen. It also sounds like you set it up as a repeating reminder? Try to remember when the reminder pops up and what it's reminding you about (write it down if needed). Then, after the time for that program has passed, go to the next time it would show up. On the info screen for that program, choose the reminder (bell) icon. That should give you options to delete it. There is also a wrench icon that lets you change settings, such as how often to repeat, extra start time, etc...
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Thanks, Andy.
New Visitor

This has really been no help at all.

Thanks anyway.

Contributor
Stanley1212

[ Edited ]

I realize this post is over a year old, but apparently so is the problem.

There is no efficient way to delete outdated or unwanted recurring 'reminders'.  You cannot delete it or edit its settings or otherwise access the reminder options once the reminder appears on the screen. 

You must do it ahead of the reminder - and on my digital converter (which I received about a year ago, so it's not like this is an old, decrepit unit), there is no indicator showing a program has a set reminder.  I have to either remember when the reminder USED to be, or watch for it to pop up, literally take note of when it was set for, wait 'til next week, within a day of when it's set to go off again, and then delete it. 

And to make matters worse, I made the mistake of having the maximum number of reminders set, which blocked me out of accessing any reminder settings ever. 

Long story short, with the help of a tech who actually listened to my problem and realized too that there was no other way to do it, my converter box was re-initialized.  This meant erasing all programming reminders (yay!) but it also wiped out my favorite channels lists and saved searches.  I was okay with this, because there is also no way to delete saved searches once they have been saved. 

So here's your resolution: 

Call or 'online chat' Comcast.  You will need your account information and the serial number on your digital converter.  Have this ready - the first tech disconnected my chat because I took too long (90 seconds) to go get the serial number, even after I had to wait 10 minutes for a tech.  :\

Tell them you are unable to delete your programmed reminders or access the settings and that you need to have your digital box re-initialized.   Upon realizing this is the only way to fix this problem they will finally reinitialize the box, wiping out all of your programmed reminders, saved searches and favorites lists.  Other than that my converter is now working fine and I no longer have out-dated reminders popping up all the time.

From now on I will remind myself on my cellphone for recurring tv shows, and use the ones on the digital box for 1-time reminders only.

New Visitor
rpm13

Thanks for the answer, it's still occurring in 2013...........

I have multiple programs that come up with reminders that were NEVER programmed!!!!!

The solution sucks, having to call tech support, but if it works, it's worth it..............