Contributor

Code for Samsung Sound Bar

I have the Silver Comcast Remote with the Gray Select Button. I want to be able to control my Samsung

HW-D450 Soiund Bar Volume (only) with this remote and cannot locate the Code to do so. 

I have tried all the codes in the manual and on the sites posted on this forum.

Am I out of luck?

Dan

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Code for Samsung Sound Bar

have you tried these.  normally the remote only works for power on and off though.

TV Codes: Samsung 505, 506, 516, 523, 526, 566, 573, 601, 627, 653, 654, 655, 658, 680, 707, 717, 730, 738, 755, 761, 794, 833, 858, 897.

DVR Codes: Samsung 521. (I believe the DISH installer used this code when he set up the system. This single code is the only one available for Samsung in the DVR section)

Tuner/Amplifier Codes: Samsung 807 (this single code is the only one for tuner/amps)

Contributor

Rog:

Thanks for the response!

Sorry to report none of these codes worked for me. Any other ideas?

Dan

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

do any of the codes at least turn it on or off.   that is really the remote is meant to do for other things besides a tv

Contributor

No, there is absolutely no effect on the Sound Bar for any button, sorry to say. Thanks for the efforts!!

New Visitor
robles1147

Im having the same problem. Let me know if u have found the code for samsung hw-d450. lol, my solution to date is velcro the two remotes together.  

Contributor

Sorry, but no soution to date, I do like your Velcro idea but it does seem a little "Low Tech" for this "Hi tech" sound bar, doesn't it? :smileycool:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

This may not be what you want, but I'm throwing it out for you.

In 2007 I inherited a less than 6 month old Polaroid tv from my father. Got a dvr, hooked it up to the tv, and none of the Polaroid codes worked for the dvr remote.

After 3 years of off and on looking for a code to make the remote work with the tv, I finally found one that worked.

My mom's tv in her bedroom is the only one tv in the house which is not connected to a dvr. The digital transition is set to be complete in my area in October. In July, I had to return something to Comcast and while there I decided to go ahead and get a dta.

As I looked at the tv codes so I could program the adapter remote for her tv, I looked at the Polaroid codes.

There were more codes listed for the dta than there were for the dvr remote. The light bulb came on over my head. Why not try the DTA codes on the dvr remote?

Somewhere in those numbers was one that worked for the Polaroid tv. After 3 years, we were finally able to use the dvr remote for the tv functions. At some point along the way, the tv remote had ceased to work, so in order to turn the tv off/on we had to walk over to the tv and do it from the power button. (we bought a few remotes but couldn't find the correct codes for them)

This might be an option if none of the codes with the dvr work for you. DTA's are newer than dvr's so the codes may be more updated for DTA's.

You can find the list of DTA codes HERE Choose View Manual for Comcast Digital Adapter Remote (DTA)

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Thanks for the input, but, as it turns out, I had tried many of the codes shown in that manual (not all of them .. I don't have enough time left on earth to do that).

What's not clear to me is the "DTA" reference. What is that?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

What is a DTA? What channels can I get with a DTA?

DTA stands for Digital Transport Adapter. It's a very cheap and basic cable box that allows you to watch, with digital quality picture and sound, in Comcast words, all Limited Basic and Expanded Service channels, as well as "certain" Digital Starter channels. In other words, a DTA is a unencrypted QAM receiver for an analog TV. Comcast can remotely program the DTA with the correct channel lineup up until Expanded Basic. (Usually the first 99 channels). Consult your local Comcast center for an applicable channel lineup card for details.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16218

Some of the codes for the dta may not be listed in the codes for your remote. You could so a side-by-side comparison of the codes for your remote and the codes for the dta and try the ones that are not duplicated in both of them.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
timepicker

I actually got my samsung sound bar to respond to volume control. I used the samsung TV codes and attached it to AUX. It wont operate power or input. But I use mine VIA optical cable with auto on and auto off.

New Visitor
StJohn87

which code did you use for the sound bar to respond?

New Visitor
Scottprich

What code did you end up using?

timepicker wrote:

I actually got my samsung sound bar to respond to volume control. I used the samsung TV codes and attached it to AUX. It wont operate power or input. But I use mine VIA optical cable with auto on and auto off.

New Visitor
short73

The silver Comcast remote with red button in middle (maybe other remotes as well) uses code 32609 to run my Samsung HW-F450 sound bar.  On/off and volume work through the Aux button on the remote.  Others have reported the 550 sound bar works with this code as well, and other Samsung units probably do, too.  The same person also reported code 22609 works, but I did not try it.  Good luck.

New Visitor
fruitloops2

code 32609 worked for my samsung sound bar.
Contributor

My remote will only take a 4 digit number. How did you get it to take 5?

New Visitor

That worked perfect.  Thank you

New Visitor
Melander

To avoid toggling the cable and auxiliary for going from cable to volume, I mad the TV the sound bar, and the auxiliary the TV.
New Visitor
rsawamura

[ Edited ]

Just purchased a Samsung HW-HM45C sound bar.  However, those two recommended codes (32609 and 22609) are not working for me.  I am using the silver Comcast remote with the red center button.  Any new codes out there that may work?