Regular Contributor
latichever

Codes for Sansui tv/dvd?

[ Edited ]

I have a Sansui lcd tv/dvd combo. I have the remote with the red OK button. I've tried every 5-digit code listed for Sansui (as well as for Orion, which manufactures Sansui), and the code search--during which I pressed the channel + key a couple of hundred times. No success. A minor annoyance to have to use 2 remotes. Any ideas? Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Codes for Sansui tv/dvd?

[ Edited ]

latichever wrote:

I have a Sansui lcd tv/dvd combo. I have the remote with the red OK button. I've tried every 5-digit code listed for Sansui (as well as for Orion, which manufactures Sansui), and the code search--during which I pressed the channel + key a couple of hundred times. No success. A minor annoyance to have to use 2 remotes. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

Try this link http://www.urcsupport.com/

Regular Contributor
latichever

I tried that link but it didn't have Sansui codes. Here's what worked. I tried every code for Sansui in the product manual whatever the device it was under. The code for Cable box worked even though none of the tv/DVD or tv codes did.
Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

latichever wrote: ... The code for Cable box worked even though none of the tv/DVD or tv codes did.

Cool -- could you post the Sansui model#, the remote color (silver/red or platinum/red), and the code that worked for it? Thanks!

Regular Contributor
latichever

Sansui HDLCDVD195 19-Inch 720p LCD HDTV with DVD Combo

Comcast silver remote with red OK button.

Code = 20695. Actually it was the code for a Sansui DVD player not a Sansui cable box (or tv or tv/DVD)

What was odd is that a few hundred button pushes using code search didn't do it. But I guess whatever your odd brand it's worth trying any conceivable code as well as googling who manufactures your tv and what are associated brands.
Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

[ Edited ]

latichever wrote: Sansui HDLCDVD195 ... silver remote with red OK ... Code = 20695. ... What was odd is that a few hundred button pushes using code search didn't do it. ...

Odd that the UcrSupport site didn't have this -- they build the remotes and set up the codes, after all. Also odd that the code search doesn't seem work very often, judging from the number of forum posts that mention it. But I thank you for posting this. We often get requests for remote codes, and if they're not in the device pamphlet or on the UcrSupport site, we're often stuck. Much appreciated!

New Visitor
bell_lf

The 20695 worked perfectly for a new 32" SANSUI LCDTV/DVD. Thank you all.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

bell_lf wrote: The 20695 worked perfectly for a new 32" SANSUI LCDTV/DVD. Thank you all.

Glad you found it!

New Visitor
An8pointjackalo

Sansui code

Thanks , the 20695 code worked and took me 15sec to do after waisting a couple of hours and numerous tries to program. Thanks again!

New Visitor
Marie36K

This worked perfectly.   Thanks so much.  Now I only need one remote....life is good, smiles.

New Visitor
criskus502

need reset code for sansui for my box