Regular Contributor

Comcast Wireless TV Cable Box?

I live in a condo, and I don't want to have to string cables in each room. Does Comcast supply at wireless TV cable box? I'm thinking of a device that would allow me to connect to the box with TVs in several rooms.

Thanks, for any info,

Roy

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: Comcast Wireless TV Cable Box?

No wireless TV from Comcast yet. U-Verse has wireless boxes that are, as far as I know, fully separate boxes with their own tuners. I don't know if anybody else has something similar.

If you want to simply repeat your box throughout the house, there may be some wireless repeaters, although I'm not certain about cost or picture quality. There may also be some powerline-based devices that use your house's power wiring and outlets.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the quick reply.

I guess this means that I will need a second cable box for the bedroom. Does Comcast provide a second box, or do I need to purchase one from a different vendor?

Thanks again,

Roy

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The only equipment you can purchase is a retail Tivo, cable card tuners for PC's, and if there are any clear QAM channels left on your system, a clear QAM PC tuner.  Cable card equipment still needs a Comcast supplied cable card with it's monthly fee.

All other equipment that works on Comcast's digital encrypted system is only supplied by Comcast as a lease, with varying prices if your need is High Def, or Std Def and if you need a DVR.

Comcast equipment can be picked up at your local Comcast office listed on your monthly statement.

New Visitor
Stommel

I would like to use a wireless sound bar on two tv's.  How do I make my current cable wireless? Is there a way to do this?