Regular Contributor

Comcast remote code for Craig TV

Comcast is currently switching over to a  digital signal in our area of Florida.

Setting up the digital box to our bedroom analog TV went well. 

When I tried setting up the remote to a new Craig model CLC-503 digital TV, the TV would not recognize the code #10180 listed in the Comcast instructions. 

I called Craig customer service and they supplied me with six codes that also did not work. (6222, 0073) or (06222, 00073) or 16222, 10073)

I tried searching for the code as per the Comcast literature that came with the converter and that did not work either. 

Comcast was friendly but could not resolve the problem.

So far, I have spend at least 3 hours repeating the procedure with various codes and nothing works.

Has anyone had trouble setting the code for the Comcast digital converter remote to work with a Craig model CLC-503?  Bill

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Comcast remote code for Craig TV

Regular Contributor

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.  I programmed the code number 11822 and wa la, the Power Button works.  However the Volume button does not.  When I press the Mute Button the Add/Delete favorites display appears on the screen.  It would be nice to have the volume button work but I am please that at least the Power Button works.  Bill

New Visitor

I had the same thing happen with that code. No volume control. Very frustrating but at least I only spent about an hour trying all this stuff. Is this a Craig problem or a Comcast problem?

New Visitor
Caterinaleo

I contacted Craig and they replied:  "We can provide you with (3) codes how every we cannot guarantee that they will work Codes are (6222, 0073 and 11822). Please Note:  Codes and decoding are provided by the universal remote control brand."

Unfortunately none of these worked for me.  

In my opinion it is a Craig problem as I have never had a problem with other brands.

Regular Contributor

It has been awhile but I finally was able to get the remote to control the volume.

The number 11822 programmed the Xfinity remote control to turn the TV on and off but the volume and mute controls on the remote did not work. 

To get the remote to control the volume and mute functions, you should refer to the directions you received with your Xfinity digital box.  Look for the section that reads "Changing The Volume Lock From TV to the Digital Adapter."

It reads.

1.  Press and hold SET until the red light blinks twice. Then release SET

2.  Enter in 993 (The Red Light will blink twice after the 3)

3.  Press and release the digit 1 (The red light will blink 4 times after the 1)

The above procedure worked for me. 

There is a similar procedure for switching the volume control back to the TV.

Good luck and let us know how how you made out.    Bill 

New Visitor

<p>Bill, Bless you! It works like a charm now.</p>