Recognized Contributor
Accepted Solution

Comcast remote control with LG tv

[ Edited ]

We recently bought an LG 50PK550 plasma. To use the Comcast remote to power on/off and volume control for the tv, I had to use the 911 function and toggle the tv and power buttons for the remote to find the tv code to use. However, when I use the Mute button on the remote it brings up the LG's Quick Menu instead of muting.

We recently bought an LG 50PK550 plasma. To use the Comcast remote to power on/off and volume control for the tv, I had to use the 911 function and toggle the tv and power buttons for the remote to find the tv code to use. However, when I use the Mute button on the remote it brings up the LG's Quick Menu instead of muting.

Is there anything I can do that will get the tv to mute when using the Mute button on the Comcast remote. Perhaps there is a tv code for the remote that I should be using and not what the remote 'found'?

Recognized Contributor

Re: Comcast remote control with LG tv

I don't know why my first paragraph is being duped. Can't edit it out either. It keeps duping.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

What remote do you have? The silver remote with the RED select button? That uses  9-9-1 for searching for the codes. In case you need it I have included the link to the manual for that remote.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/1/1/Customers/Customer_Support/Digital_Cable_with_OD/Digital_Cab...

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry...I meant I used 9-9-1 for searching. No, my remote is the old one with the grey button that doesn't accept five-digit code. Only four-digit and no listing for LG. When I looked at the manual date you posted, I realized our remotes are outdated. My manual is dated 11-04.

I called my local Comcast office and they said bring by my old remotes and they would change them out. Good thing I posted my question. I wouldn't have found out that I needed new remotes.

Hopefully the new remotes will work as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Recognized Contributor

I picked up my newer model remotes today. They work fine. All is well. :smileyhappy: