Contributor

Copy from DVR to DVD

[ Edited ]

Has ANYONE with a SA box been able to do this since the guide switch?  This is what Comcast says in a FAQ:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/meetyourguide/ 

"Yes, you can still copy programs recorded on your DVR to a VCR or DVD recorder using the audio and video outputs on the set-top box. Connect the audio/video cables from the set-top box to the audio and video inputs of the VCR or DVD recorder. Then to copy a DVR recording, just push RECORD on the VCR or DVD recorder while the DVR recording is playing. The copy occurs in real time which means a one hour program will take one hour to transfer over. The TV set and set-top box cannot be used while the transfer

is taking place so you may want to copy programs overnight."

I get a copy protection error when I try to record anything on my DVD recorder - even live TV.

New Visitor
mthom0956

Re: Copy from DVR to DVD

I also get a non-descript error/failure when trying to record from my Comcast DVR to my DVD recorder.  It records for a few seconds and then fails? I actually stopped it one time after just a few seconds and got a viewable recording, but if you let it record for more than 10 or 20 seconds, it cuts off?

I was able to record in the past from my Comcast DVR, but something seems to have changed?

Is this a copyright protection issue or maybe an issue with recording HD DVR recordings?  I don't remember the error saying anything specific.  Or is there another problem?