New Visitor
xLegit

Cost of getting a second on-demand cable box?

[ Edited ]

We have one TV hooked up to an on-demand cable box which allows it to view on-demand shows/movies, and two additional TV's hooked up to similarly-sized digital converter boxes. The two additional TV's DON'T have on-demand

I want to get a second on-demand cable box for one of my additional TV's, so I can watch on-demand shows/movies from more than one TV. 

According to comcast, it's free:

"Question: Do I have to pay to get On Demand from XFINITY TV?Answer: There is no extra monthly cost for On Demand from XFINITY TV; you simply pay for any movies or programs that you view (if applicable).  The On Demand library is filled with thousands of movies, shows, sports highlights, music videos, kids programs, even instructional classes - many of them free!"

Would it be free to get a second on-demand cable box to view on-demand shows/movies, or are they just saying that the on-demand SERVICE is free, and we still need to pay for the on-demand cable box?

Either way, how much more a month would it cost to get a second on-demand cable box to view on-demand shows/movies on more than just one TV? 

EDIT: And I'm not talking about getting one of those motorolla DVR/HD type box, just a simple box that allows for basic cable usage + on-demand show/movie services. I'm a little tired of having to use the TV downstairs every time I want to view an on-demand movie/show 

Regular Contributor
scottryanmead

Re: Cost of getting a second on-demand cable box?

Digital converter boxes are free, which are only for local programing. What you would need is a digital cable box. Your basic standard digital box will cost you an additional $8.00/month

xLegit wrote:

We have one TV hooked up to an on-demand cable box which allows it to view on-demand shows/movies, and two additional TV's hooked up to similarly-sized digital converter boxes. The two additional TV's DON'T have on-demand

I want to get a second on-demand cable box for one of my additional TV's, so I can watch on-demand shows/movies from more than one TV. 

According to comcast, it's free:

"Question: Do I have to pay to get On Demand from XFINITY TV?Answer: There is no extra monthly cost for On Demand from XFINITY TV; you simply pay for any movies or programs that you view (if applicable).  The On Demand library is filled with thousands of movies, shows, sports highlights, music videos, kids programs, even instructional classes - many of them free!"

Would it be free to get a second on-demand cable box to view on-demand shows/movies, or are they just saying that the on-demand SERVICE is free, and we still need to pay for the on-demand cable box?

Either way, how much more a month would it cost to get a second on-demand cable box to view on-demand shows/movies on more than just one TV? 

EDIT: And I'm not talking about getting one of those motorolla DVR/HD type box, just a simple box that allows for basic cable usage + on-demand show/movie services. I'm a little tired of having to use the TV downstairs every time I want to view an on-demand movie/show 

New Visitor
edwinhernandez

i want another cable box please soon is posibol thankyou

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

edwinhernandez wrote:

You can pick one up at your local Comcast office, or call Comcast and they will send you one.

Regular Contributor
scottryanmead

edwinhernandez wrote:

Then go to your local comcast office and pick one up.