Contributor
Accepted Solution

DTA flashing, "Service Interruption - Call comcast", reset signal fails

I have two DTA's and an STB. One DTA has worked for 2 weeks (since setup), now shows flashing power LED. Two attempts by tech's to reset this DTA have not changed this condition.

Flash pattern repeats: two flashes, pause. TV screen shows "Service Interruption - Call Comcast" screen.

Tech recommendation is to exchange the DTA for a good one. I want to avoid unneeded trips.

(1) Is it likely that the DTA would just go bad after two weeks?
(2) Is there troublshooting that I can do to get a better diagnosis?

Email Expert

Re: DTA flashing, "Service Interruption - Call comcast", reset signal fails

DTAs are relatively new technology, so I don't think the folks here have enough experience with them to answer your questions definitively. However, there have been lots of people reporting DTA failures, so it does seem like they're not well designed.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
We had the same problem, after they tried to reset it a 3rd time, we insisted they come out to the house and fix it.  They did and it has worked great ever since.
Message Edited by rjm66 on 12-03-2009 01:44 PM
Contributor

To rjm66,

Did the technician say what he fixed in the DTA or the network? Or, did he swap the DTA for a new one?

Contributor

sorry about that...he swapped out the box for a new one, haven't had a problem since.

Contributor

So I started to get the blinking of death a couple of days ago. Haven't had time to do anything other than connect it to the line coming off the pole to rule out a bad splitter or something.

Do I even bother callling tech. support to reset it or have these issues been prevalent enough to indicate a bad box that just needs to be swapped out at the comcast office?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Call.
Contributor
Jsteph122

I've been trough this:

I had this same problem. Realized that my splitters have text on them showing that they drop the signal strength by 3 or 7 DB but noticed the signal in from the cable was 15db. Bought a $50 quad signal amplifier from Radio Shack and removed the splitters and used it and haven't had problems since.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

This thread is over a year old.  Please stop spamming the forum.  Locked.