New Visitor
phillyfan5585
Accepted Solution

DTA not working

I had a digital adapter that stopped working, so I went and got another one set it up activated it and nothing. So went and got another one and same thing it's activated with a solid light on and just the one moment please message on the screen. I have another DTA from another TV and took it to this TV and it works so I'm at a loss as to what is wrong here. Any help is appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: DTA not working

The dta is an inferior product that is meant for those with old tv's with only an analog tuner.  They are not meant for todays modern tv's or to avoid the cost of renting a cable box from comcast.  

New Visitor
phillyfan5585

But the one I had there before worked until recently and my other little box from another TV works there as well.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

It could be a bad splitter or a loose connection from the splitter to the DTA causing issues also.

New Visitor
phillyfan5585

Already did look at that when the orignal one I had there stopped working. It doesn't make sense that the box I have in another room works where ever I put it and the one I got from comcast recently won't work anywhere.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

It sounds like the DTA is still not activated correctly. 

New Visitor
phillyfan5585

Got this problem solved today by having a tech come out. Turns out the boxes they were giving me at the local service center don't work on there system. Basically swapped it out with one he brought and it works fine now.