Visitor
dougvv

DVR Box with HDMI Connection

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if its possible to get an HD DVR box with an HDMI connection in the Issaquah, WA area? We purchased a HDTV and the wall mount does not provide enough clearance to use the component hookups.  An HDMI swivel cable would work, but the current cable boxes we don't have an HDMI outlet. 

When Comcast was originally hooked up I was advised that HD DVR boxes don't have HDMI outlets. 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: DVR Box with HDMI Connection

You should be able to get one (DCX3400) unless they are out of stock.  I have one (in Bellevue).  Try taking your current box and remote to the Redmond service center for a swap.  If they don't have one, post back here and we'll see what can be done.

Visitor
dougvv

Unfortunately, the Redmond office was out of the DCX3400.  Is it possible to order one?

Visitor
dougvv

I talked to Support on the phone from Comcast (since one of my boxes broke) and they indicated that it's the luck of the draw as to whether one can receive the box with HDMI.  In fact, he is able to check inventory and knew that his Comcast Center had the boxes, but when he went in to request one they indicated they were out.  After stating he knew they had some in stock, they provided him one.

I guess I give up, it's not worth traveling to Redmond, standing in line and then finding out they do not have them.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

I have escalated this for you. We'll see what comes of it.
Visitor
dougvv

Thank you.