New Visitor
gkbk

DVR/Comcast changes future recordings from channels in 800's to 400's overnight

[ Edited ]

I record just about everything I watch on the DVR (Cisco RNG200). I use the channels in the 800's. (for example 804 is WCCO Channel 4). Every so often every program I have set to record in the future changes to channels in the 400's overnight. Then I have to cancel every program and reset to record in the 800 numbers. I want to use the 800's because they make more sense 804 is channel 4, 811 is channel 11, etc. In the 400's, channel 4 is 433, channel 11 is 432, etc.

I have also checked my account online DVR Manager and it shows both programs/numbers (804 and 433) for the scheduled recordings. If I try to delete just the 400 number both the 800 and 400 number program disappears.

This has happened 5 times in the last 2 months and it is annoying and time consuming. I believe it happens when Comcast downloads updates to the DVR boxes. Does anyone have a way to prevent this?

New Visitor
jeboye

Re: DVR/Comcast changes future recordings from channels in 800's to 400's overnight

I'm experiencing the same problem right now. Chatted with someone who was NOT helpful. The only reassurance I have is that at least the 400 channel indicates the program is in HD. Not sure why it's doing this. I'm going to try a reset and see if that returns the recordings to the 800s

New Visitor
gkbk

Re: DVR/Comcast changes future recordings from channels in 800's to 400's overnight

I did receive this explanation from "Comcast Ted".

Apologies, this is a known issue with how the on-screen guide software is designed and how it works.

The channels in the 200 range and in the 800 range use the identical "source ID" for the same channel name and listings data.

The DVR looks for the first instance of that source ID in the channel lineup to make that requested DVR recording regardless of what display channel you may have set that recording on.

This is being resolved as most of the Comcast locations are in the process of removing the duplicate channels in the lower channel range.  Thanks for your patience.