Visitor

DVR Manager available but can't activate it

I cannont get the DVR Manager activated. I have followed all the instructions and it states the service is available in my area when I "Check Availability" here xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr.

I get a message that says, "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." .I have a Scientific Atlantic box that was just installed about 2 weeks agao and I have received a bill already.

Being a 12+ year DTV customer and having had Tivos and other DVRs, I hesitated going through Comcast for the HD DVR and was hoping to have a more postive experience. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake!

Please help? This service is available,I would like to take avantage of this service as I feel I am paying for it. Thanks,  Lynne

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: DVR Manager available but can't activate it

[ Edited ]

The manage my dvr service is only available in a few SA areas.  It just became available in florida with the anyroom dvr there.  Where are you located?  Here is a link to read.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/DVR-Manager/m-p/1217121#M46181

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

dp215 wrote:

I cannont get the DVR Manager activated. I have followed all the instructions and it states the service is available in my area when I "Check Availability" here xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr.

I get a message that says, "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." .I have a Scientific Atlantic box that was just installed about 2 weeks agao and I have received a bill already.

Being a 12+ year DTV customer and having had Tivos and other DVRs, I hesitated going through Comcast for the HD DVR and was hoping to have a more postive experience. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake!

Please help? This service is available,I would like to take avantage of this service as I feel I am paying for it. Thanks,  Lynne

Apologies for the confusion. MyDVR manager is currently available on Cisco RNG 200 DVR's in certain areas of  Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee and Louisiana with a subscription to AnyRoom DVR.

If you have a Scientific-Atlanta branded DVR, we do have a guide release scheduled for over the summer that will include the MyDVR Manager feature.

Some of the new features that are included in the summer guide release are listed below:

myDVR Manager: From the internet and the Xfinity TV app, customers can: set recordings, view/modify scheduled recordings, view completed recordings, modify series priority lists, etc.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/mydvr/how-to/

Caller ID to the TV See who's calling, right from your TV and PC! Comcast Universal Caller ID takes the guesswork out of incoming calls. http://www.comcast.net/callerid

Xfinity TV Application: The ability to use your iPad to change channels.
http://www.xfinity.com/help/internet/mobile-tv-app/

HSN Shop-by-Remote: A convenient, new way to make HSN purchases simply by using your remote. http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_Guide_Shop-By-Remote_0110.pdf

Request for Info: Know more, save more! Introducing an easy way to request valuable coupons and info from advertisers simply by using your remote.
http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%20Guide%20Request%20For%20Information.pdf

Ready Remind and Ready Record: Now you can conveniently set program reminders or recordings directly from certain TV show and movie advertisements.
http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%20Guide%20Ready%20Remind%20Record.pdf

Contributor

ComcastTeds - Thanks for replying, I think alot of the frustration, at least for me is the announcement of services such as these that go back for a couple years now combined with contradictory info on the equipment required.  Referencing your own equipment pages as well as numerous conversations I have had with telephone support suggest that the Scientific Atlanta boxes (mine is an 8300 that's 5-7 years old) are not compatible and at a minimum I need an RNG200 to even think about getting new features.  A half dozen trips to the local office has netted my "sorry we don't have any left" but here's another 8300 if you want.

I'd just like to know definitively when if ever these services will be available and what equipment I need to utilize them.  As far as a guide upgrade, we just had a upgrade to the guide late last year so I assume you are refering to another one?  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

He does say this above.

If you have a Scientific-Atlanta branded DVR, we do have a guide release scheduled for over the summer that will include the MyDVR Manager feature. 

Contributor

Not trying to to be difficult and I do appreciate the responses but my point was that I have been consistently told otherwise by Comcast telephone support.  I assure you if I called right now I'd be told the same thing (you need a new box) and they'd even offer to look up local office inventory - and tell me they show no stock of the RNG200 - try back in a week or 2.  It that's not the case, someone should be telling them to say - "all boxes are compatible, we're doing ANOTHER guide update that will enable those services in the next few months".

Further, even though I am generally sceptical of telephone support, it would seem to be substantiated by Comcast's Xfinity Support page that you are referred to when trying to setup DVR Manager.  That help FAQ would appear to be current as of 3/28/12 and does not list any compatible equipment that remotely resembles an SFA 8300.

Comcast Requirements for DVR Mgr

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Comcast phone reps do not have this information unfortunately and are poorly trained on what is available and where.  Why this is I don't know I am just a customer like you.  comcast is giving you info that is in the future so it will not be on any website and time schedules tend to slip.  When he said this summer that probably means fall and its not a definate.  

If it means anything I have had the feature for a while and I never use it.  I find that I know what I record on my dvr and have never once had a situation come up where I NEEDED to record something I forgot about, and its always available on demand or on pc or through the app.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Chumley99 wrote:

Not trying to to be difficult and I do appreciate the responses but my point was that I have been consistently told otherwise by Comcast telephone support.  I assure you if I called right now I'd be told the same thing (you need a new box) and they'd even offer to look up local office inventory - and tell me they show no stock of the RNG200 - try back in a week or 2.  It that's not the case, someone should be telling them to say - "all boxes are compatible, we're doing ANOTHER guide update that will enable those services in the next few months".

Further, even though I am generally sceptical of telephone support, it would seem to be substantiated by Comcast's Xfinity Support page that you are referred to when trying to setup DVR Manager.  That help FAQ would appear to be current as of 3/28/12 and does not list any compatible equipment that remotely resembles an SFA 8300.

Comcast Requirements for DVR Mgr

Apologies for the confusion we caused.

The SA 8300 won't work with myDVR manager until your area gets a guide software upgrade, we are starting that delivery over the summer.

We will update the web-page that you referenced above once that software release is out to customers. Right now the content on that page is accurate. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

I get it - thanks for the quick responses guys - especially in light of my whopping 2 posts.....I do lurk here from time to time and find these forums very informative.  :smileyhappy: