Contributor

DVR Options for COMCAST?

Based on my experience, and some of the posts I have seen, I am ready to try something else.  Is there any equipment available 'for purchase' or otherwise that would enable me to rid myself of the equipment that I have but still enjoy all the "benefits" of Comcast? 

I would like HD channels.

I would like On Demand Service.

I want a DVR.

I would really like to record 2 channels at once.

I would like to jump from tuner to tuner.

I would like a user friendly guide (like tivo)

I would like a DVR that does not turn off when my TV is turned off.

I would like the sound to keep up with the video.

I would like a remote that works without me standing on my head.

I have a HD Tivo sitting idle becuase no one from Comcast can get it to work with the multi media cards.  Now I am blessed with a "free" comcast DVR.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: DVR Options for COMCAST?

Nothing other than the Comcast DVR will satisfy most of your desires.
Regular Problem Solver
Murphy

woodcast wrote:

I would like HD channels.

I would like On Demand Service.

I have a HD Tivo sitting idle becuase no one from Comcast can get it to work with the multi media cards.  Now I am blessed with a "free" comcast DVR.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

There is no reason that the TiVo shouldn't work with Comcast.  I have two TiVo S3 machines with a pair of cable cards in each that have been working without any problem for a year.

Get the TiVo working and get an HD non-DVR STB to handle On Demand.  You can't record On Demand programs so there is no need for a DVR to get the On Demand feature.

Email Expert

I have the output of my Comcast STB going to one of the inputs of my ReplayTV DVR, and I can record On Demand. I have to do a manual recording, since On Demand programs obviously aren't in the scheduling grid.