Contributor

DVR Problem - Recorded show won't delete

Hi,

I have a Comcast issued Motorola DVR model DCH 3416 (HDMI capable).  I recorded a show earlier this week on the DVR and after watching the show it wouldn't delete.  I selected the delete show option, the screen froze for a moment like normal and went back to the main DVR screen like always but this time the show was still there.  So I waited a couple of days and tried again and same this this darn show just won't delete.

Any one have any ideas how I can delete this off my DVR?  It's only one show but it is darn annoying.

Thanks!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: DVR Problem - Recorded show won't delete

Is there anything unusual about the recording or its date?
Contributor

No the date is from this past Monday and it was only a 30 min show.  I started watching it about 10 min in to the recording but I do that all the time so I can skip through the commercials
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

That shouldn't cause any problems.  Try deleting other programs, to see if it's just that one that is a problem.
Contributor

I tried that.  I have recorded and deleted about 5 other shows with out a problem it's just this one.  Who knows maybe my DVR really wants to keep Three Sheets on it?  I almost wonder if it is gone but the DVR is ghosting it?

Visitor

I had a similar problem.  I was getting an error code "ACC", which meant that the program wasn't really there.  Comcast had me reset my DVR.  I asked whether this would delete all of my recordings.  I was told "no".  So I performed the reset as instructed, and unfortunately all of my recordings were deleted. 
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

The possible resets for the Motorola boxes, along with warnings, are described here.
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha