Contributor
lgo838

DVR Remote Sucks - After fast forward, DVR jumps backwards

I can't believe that I am the only one who wants to throw my remote out the window when watching recorded sports.

If watching football, (for instance), if you FF between plays, as soon as the next play is about to start, I hit "play" and the DVR jumps backwards. The faster I FF, the farther back the DVR jumps. If I FF on ">>>>" and then hit play, the DVR automatically rewinds about 45-60 seconds.

Now assume that I am watching boxing. (In case you don't know, it is 3 minutes of boxing followed by 1 minute of rest then 3 more minutes of boxing and so on). - As round #1 ends, I FF to the start of round #2, I now hit "play". The DVR takes me back to round #1 with about 45 seconds remaining in that round.

This only began about 6 months or so ago. At that time Comcast made "improvements." They added "folders" to the DVR. If you record several episodes of the same show , they put them into folders- basically, good idea. Yet, because some people did not know how to stop the DVR after a comercial, Comcast decided to have the DVR rewind after the fast forwarding between commercials in case the watcher went too far.

I have called to complain. I think if enough people complained that Comcast could let the viewer adjust the amount of the auto rewind from zero to what ever people feel they need.

Thanks, LGO

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: DVR Remote Sucks - After fast forward, DVR jumps backwards

Try programming a 30-second skip and using that instead.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I also hate this, I was able to stop right where I wanted to.  My solution is to go passed where I want to stop and then press play, that way when it rewinds its right where I want it.  maybe that can help.

Contributor
lgo838

Thanks Eagle, I didn't know that I could do that. It would be good for boxing, (30 seconds 2X) and might be about the right amount of time between football plays.

Contributor
lgo838

Thanks for your reply Rog,

It would be a good idea for many TV programs, although for football, I would then be seeing the game at fast speed and then seeing it again at regular speed...Thanks thought.

Contributor
lgo838

Also,

Comcast it so clueless. I sent an email to them with my problem and 4 other posts regarding this issue. If they had read my complaint they would see that it is a software programming issue on their end. They sent me back an email telling me to unplug my DVR for 30 seconds....Geez!

Recognized Contributor

lgo838 wrote:

I can't believe that I am the only one who wants to throw my remote out the window when watching recorded sports...

Igo, you're definitely not the only person who is frustrated by this new "feature."  Hopefully Comcast will offer the option to disable it in a future update to the guide software (maybe a forum mod could comment on that possibility?).  You can try to compensate for the feature by overshooting where you want to stop, as another poster pointed out.  The problem with that approach is that you often end up seeing the result of the next play when viewing a sporting event.  I guess Comcast doesn't have much faith in the reflexes and hand-eye coordination of its customers.