Contributor
sjcole80

DVR not recording shows

I have a bunch of "series" recordings set up on my DVR.  We didn't record much of of anything last week and I figured they must have been re-runs (which I don't record).  I looked at my scheduled recordings this week and saw that nothing was going to be taped.  I then went to the guide and saw that all my shows have new episodes but nothing was being scheduled for taping.  i went to the DVR manager and saw everything was set up like it was supposed to be.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: DVR not recording shows

if unplugging the box does not fix it delete and the redo the series recordings for those shows. 

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

[ Edited ]

I had several shows do that to me. Last night's (2/6) episode of "Being Human" on Syfy, an episode of Tonight Show last week, and last week's "30 Rock". It was weird as the guide seemed to know it was part of a series. If you tried to modify settings, it was showing the series settings, and did not offer the 'make a series recording' option like it would if it was something else. Even trying some of the series options (new+repeats, all+duplicates) would not pick it up. Luckily, I noticed this and was able to just tell it to record that episode.

There have been changes to the guide data lately, most noticeably being the season/episode added. Maybe some data is getting confused. It is interesting that all of these are NBC/Universal networks...

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

also if you go to your series priority you can delete the series there or move it to a higher priority and that seems to work also.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Normally, if a series recording will not record due to a conflict or priority issue, it will show the triple-dot with the 'no' symbol. These programs show no recording symbol at all.

New Visitor
mw8286

sounds almost like the same problem I am having...

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

What you can do is look at the DVR history (it's easiest to find if you try as soon as possible after the program should have recorded, unless you have very few series recordings) and see why it said it didn't record it.

New Visitor
Zazz232

We are having the same issue of shows not recording since the updates to the DVR interface in our area. Last night we were watching a recorded show and we noticed a scheduled recording did not start. I went to the guide and pressed the record button on the remote to record what was left of the show. A screen popped up that would allow me to either add extra time to the recording or record as scheduled. I chose record as scheduled and the show started recording. Of course, we had missed the first 15 minutes of the show.

Is this a known issue? Curious where to report this sort of thing. The DVR definitely didn't do this before the last interface change. Thanks

New Visitor
mjmjam

I have been having the same issue.

I seem to notice it the most if I have 2 shows recording at the same time.  I check all the time to make sure nothing is wrong in the scheduled recordings.  When I did notice that one of my shows was not recording even though it was displaying the red dot it was not recording. I could change the channel and hitting record did not fix it.  I ended up havin to delete the series and then reset it up, losing 12 minuts in the process. Fix this comcast