New Visitor
causeascene

DVR not recording

My DVR has stopped recording the television series that it is set for. On the DVR manager site, it lists all of the shows I record, but then the DVR record light never turns on and it does not record them.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: DVR not recording

causeascene wrote:

My DVR has stopped recording the television series that it is set for. On the DVR manager site, it lists all of the shows I record, but then the DVR record light never turns on and it does not record them.

Can you record a show through your DVR box and not just the site or can you not record on your DVR or through the site?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
causeascene

Some of the programs that I've been recording, I scheduled through the site, and some through the DVR. They were working for several months (I got the DVR in August), and just stopped within the last week or two.

Contributor
ecub

I have the same issue.  These are the things I have tried...

- Deleted the TV series and added them back and they still were not recording.

- Changed to either "All with deuplicates", "New and repeats", "Only new episodes" doesn't matter.

Strangely, this occurs on the following:

"How I Met Your Mother"

"Bing Bang Theory"

"Two and Half Men"

I have other tv series recordings which are recording fine.

Looking at the DVR History, I do not even see any messages regarding any of tv series not being recorded.

The above 3 series have the highest top 3 priority settings.

New Visitor
mtdew332

[ Edited ]

I'm having issues with recordings also.

It just started happening last week.

Shows are set to record and show up in scheduled recordings menu.

Yet when it comes to the actual time for the show to record it doesnt record and is removed from the scheduled recording list.

Note: I set ALL my recordings on my DVR itself.

New Visitor
Ms_Q

I thought it was just my box, but I see others are having the same problem as me and at the same time.

I set the recording for my shows on the day of or a few days before... They appear in scheduled recordings, but when I come home to watch them, they are not shown in "My Recordings."

I've unplugged my box from the outlet and also unplugged it from the wall, and neither helped. I hope I can get a quick answer and fix.

New Visitor
causeascene

Do we have any news on this?

Once again, last night, my DVR did not record the shows that it was set for. All of the programs are listed in the series priority manager. My DVR did not record a single program all week.

New Visitor
causeascene

Some more information that may be helpful:

1. What show?
    Four Weddings (TLCHD), Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta (TLCHD), Project Runway (LifetimeHD), Dance Moms (LifetimeHD), New Girl (FoxHD), and more. 
  2. What time?
    All in Central time-- Respectively: Fridays 9-10pm, Fridays 8-8:30pm, Thursdays 8-9pm, Tuesdays 8-9pm, Tuesdays 8-8:30 
  3. What channel?
    Listed above 
  4. Was this recorded on a DVR?
    I set some of the recordings through the DVR, some through the website 
  5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?
    Motorola DCH3416 
  6. Is this intermittent?
    It stopped recording everything altogether about a week or two ago 
  7. Was this a live event?
    No 
  8. Any additional info you may feel useful.
    I hope these extra details help. I would like to get this fixed as quick as possible, since I'm paying extra for DVR service. 

New Visitor
edubz123

Hi Guys,

I'm a new Comcast DVR customer.  I'm using the Motorola RNG200N (which is actually the DCX3501 if you look at the bottom sticker).  It was recording and playing back shows just fine for a month or so then it wouldn't playback the recordings very recently (but it still recorded them). 

My Solution: Unplug the power cord for 5 minutes and plug it back in. All my records were still available and the playback was 100% functional again.

Dear Comcast SupportIs this a heating issue with this unit?  What is the cause for the playback problem? The error message was "Fatal Hardware error" or some wording similar to that.  I'm a pretty techinical guy so go ahead and be detailed in your explanation.

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

edubz123 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Dear Comcast SupportIs this a heating issue with this unit?  What is the cause for the playback problem? The error message was "Fatal Hardware error" or some wording similar to that.  I'm a pretty technical guy so go ahead and be detailed in your explanation.

Thanks

The Fatal Hardware Error message appearing on the screen is usually an indicator of an actual or impending DVR hard drive failure. I would watch what shows you can and arrange to get a new DVR.   

New Visitor
Ms_Q

My DVR started working again randomly on Saturday, but it is now doing the same thing as before.

I think as much as I don't want to, I will have to call customer support or do the online chat. I had to do that when I got Comcast cable/DVR/internet in the first place, and it was such a long, drawn out process with so many people giving me contradictory information.

Plus, the discount I was promised due to inconveniences was never made note of, so I didn't even get that additional money taken off my bill. :smileysad: I was hoping to avoid all of that again and get an answer here, but I guess not.

When I call, I am going to ask for a discount on next month's bill since as another customer pointed out, we are paying extra for this and if it's not available or doing what it's supposed to do the whole time, I don't think we should have to pay full price for it.

New Visitor
Raytech1976

Hi,

I know this is an old forum, but we just signed up for Comcast about 2 months ago, and are having the same problem. Did anyone ever get a solution on how to fix this or do we need to contact customer service? We missed season finales of a lot of the shows we normally watch, and then last week it did not record a show after setting it up only 2 weeks earlier. Some of these were set up using the website, some through the DVR itself. HELP! 

Thanks!