New Visitor
haughe79

DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

Today when I tried to access my DVR it came up with the message "DVR service is not available or is currently disabled"  I just used it last night and it worked fine and have not had any problems with it in the past.   I called and they refreshed the signal to my box and that didn't work and then they had me unplug the cable box and plug it back in and that didn't work either.  They set up an appointment for a technician to come out on Monday but I will be at work when they are scheduled to come.  It is really hard for me to be able to be here at anytime during the week from them to come.  Is there anything else that I could try to fix this?  By the way, the lady on the phone told me that she was confident that the problem would fix itself if I just gave it a little more time but it's been like this all day and I'm not as confident as she is that it will. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

It can be signal related, but usually other features won't work also like On Demand & guide listings.

Unless your seeing other symptoms, it would most likely be a coding issue on your accout, like the code for the DVR feature is missing.  It certainly can start working once the billing system & databases sync up and authorizes the boxes.

In many area's Comcast techs run 7 days a week until 7pm, so they might be able to work out a schedule convenient for you.

New Visitor
TXProud01

Re: DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

Other than the code to activate the DVR service, it it all controlled from inside the box.  Signal does not affect the DVR.  That's why you can completely loose signal and still access and watch your recordings as long as you don't reboot the box.  Since you already called in, the rep should of checked the codes on your account.  So assuming they did their job, those should be correct.  Chances are the hard drive inside the box failed and you will need a new box.  If you don't want to wait until Monday you can go pick up a new box and swap it out yourself.