Visitor
alderson9

DVR service not available or is disabled?

Had a DVR box installed a while ago and it still shows not available. Thought it might just be waiting for a new billing cycle or the paperwork to get to the right department?

On Demand works ok.

I dont have the time to wait endlessly listening to music on the phone lol - can anyone here help fx this?

Thank you for time and help

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: DVR service not available or is disabled?

what do you mean the dvr show unavailable?  You can get to on demand though?  Before the tech left your house everything should have been working and he should have given you an oveview of how to use everything.  When you press the my dvr button what happens, when you press record what happens. are you sure you got a dvr box?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

alderson

Are you talking about DVR manager? If you are in a Cisco/SA service area it may not be available yet until the proper software updates are completed.

If you have a Motorola DVR it may be the DVR is not linked to your account and since this is a customer to customer help forum we have no access to account information to fix that.

Please post back with your DVR model and we can go from there.

Thanks

Visitor
alderson9

Hi, thanks,

I can press My DVR and I get the menu, I can select a TV program to record and it says it is recording, but when I later go to My Recordings it says DVR service is not available or is disabled.

It is a Explorer 8300HD box.

thank you

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

alderson

Go to this link and check the actual availabilty of myDVR in your area

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

I am in a Cisco/SA area and recently got the S25 upgrade. This link tells my myDVR is still not available in my area.

I think we need the S28 upgrade to get this feature and as a customer I have no clue when that update will be rolled out. Perhaps your local office has some information

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you still have not said if you are talking about mydvr manager or your physical cable box.  If its the box unplug it and plug it back in, if that doesn't work call your local office and tell them to look up your account to make sure you have the dvr registered to your account.

Visitor
alderson9

Thanks, checked the link and MyDVR should be available in my area, So dont know why I cant see any recordings.

I will have to bite the bullet and call the help lone tomorow.

Thank you 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

ok so you are talking my dvr.  Do you have a motorola cable box?  its only available in that market

http://xfinity.comcast.net/mydvr/activation/

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQListViewer.aspx?topic=Cable&folder=70efa27a-673a-4c51-b673-5c29...

all this is on comcasts website.