Contributor
floridajim1

Delete DVR Series recordings

I am unable to delete or stop a series recording even thought I follow and understand your instructions. I did not have this problem until you recently changed the format.

I do not have a problem deleting single programs, only series.

I go to "My scheduled recordings" click on the option to cancel a recording and the program will not delete.

The series is a Monday thru Friday recording on channel 428. Even if I delete the daily program it will continue to record the following week.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Jim Branno

Regular Problem Solver

Re: Delete DVR Series recordings

[ Edited ]

below is "borrowed" from the Comcast Voices page:

It sounds as if you may have canceled a single show in a series and not actually cancelled the entire series.

If you want to cancel the entire series, here are the steps:

1. Press the My DVR button on your silver Comcast remote control and select Scheduled Recordings.
2. Highlight the program title you want to cancel or modify and press OK/Select to view the Program Information screen.
3. Select the Don't Record icon to cancel the recording
4. Select Modify recording settings, then chose Don't Record this series and then OK/Select

Here are the steps to cancel a single show or one episode of a scheduled recording:

1. Press the My DVR button on your silver Comcast remote control and select Scheduled Recordings.
2. Highlight the program title you want to cancel or modify and press OK/Select to view the Program Information screen.
3. Select the Don't Record icon to cancel the recording

floridajim1 wrote:

I am unable to delete or stop a series recording even thought I follow and understand your instructions. I did not have this problem until you recently changed the format.

I do not have a problem deleting single programs, only series.

I go to "My scheduled recordings" click on the option to cancel a recording and the program will not delete.

The series is a Monday thru Friday recording on channel 428. Even if I delete the daily program it will continue to record the following week.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Jim Branno

Contributor
floridajim1

Hello Ted TV,

Thanks for the explicit and easy to understand instructions on deleteing a "series scheduled program."

I was not successful in deleteing this series even though I complied with your instructions which were very clear and concise.

I am thinking that when Comcast changed the format with Xfinity the program has a glich preventing me from deleteing a "series" recording.

I wonder if a Comcast technician would stop by so that I could show them my problem.

Again, thanks.

Jim Branno

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

So you were able to follow the instrctuions.  did you see where it says delete series recording and you pressed that?  If so and that did not work.  i would unplug the box and then wait two minutes then plug it back in and wait for the guide data to repopulate then try it again.  if that does not work call comcast and then they can send a signal to the box.  if that doesn't work, then maybe a new box.  Others are experiencing the same as you with some bugs in the new software. 

Contributor
floridajim1

I am receiving an error code 14 and I called Comcast and they said they will send a technician out,. They did not tell me what an error code 14 signifys.

I do suspect there is a problem with the receiver.

Again, thanks for the response to my inquires--I really do appreciate that.

Jim Branno

Contributor
floridajim1

Hello Ted TV,

I just had a Comcast Tech stop by and he told me the reason why I could not delete a "Series Recording."

There is an update due out in August to correct the format on the recorder. It is a programming problem and not a user problem. I just wanted to let you know.

Jim Branno

Regular Problem Solver

floridajim1 wrote:

Hello Ted TV,

I just had a Comcast Tech stop by and he told me the reason why I could not delete a "Series Recording."

There is an update due out in August to correct the format on the recorder. It is a programming problem and not a user problem. I just wanted to let you know.

Jim Branno

Interesting. Did your error 14 issue get solved? What happens when you try and delete a series recording? Is there an error message? Does it still record? Or just appear on the list and not record?

Contributor
floridajim1

TedTV,

My on demand service was corrected by the Comcast technician but I cannot tell you what he did to restore the feature. He did not know what error code 14 meant. That is what he told me when I asked.

These problems are the result of the new programming that took place when the "Xfinity" program was esthablished.

As for the Series delete problem it was not corrected at this point because, I was told that an update was to be issued in August to correct the programming in the receiver. So, I will live with that for the time being.

Needless to say, I was relieved that to know that I was not able to solve the problem  due to ignorance on my part.

Jim Branno

Contributor
floridajim1

My "Deleteing Series Recordings" was solved by replacing the DVR recorder which I suspected was the problem fron the beginning. I spent almost an hour on a Comcast Chat Room with an analyst trying to update my DVR to no avail.

Now, with a different DVR (not a new one) my picture in picture doesn't work but I can live with that.

The Comcast telephone menu is a pain in the neck as far as I am concerned,

Official Employee
ComcastTeds